FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: St. Paddy's Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i decided to go to Ottawa this weekend and im just wondering if anything is happening this weekend?

i mean i don't really care if to much is going on im still going to go. but it would be nice if there was something different going on

thanks
Anywhere in the market will be good if you want a St. Patty's day bash, or you could try Elgin street area as well. Darcy McGee's will be packed if you want a good crowd.

I know that I will be at the irish village in the market. 5 irish pubs that are all linked, all packed, and all serving up green beer.

If you're looking for things cultural... umm... not much going on here, other than the museums.
who cares whats going on....just get drunk of, of that green beer
Hahah Hellz yea thats what im doin! Im going up to Queens University so it will be bomb! :lol: I cant wait :lol:
nice!!!sounds like saturday night should be good and not to hard to find green beer..and then sunday hopefully the war musuem.. im stayin about 3 block from the Parliament Buildings..

thanks
tippmann,Mar 13 2007, 04:55 PM Wrote:nice!!!sounds like saturday night should be good and not to hard to find green beer..and then sunday hopefully the war musuem.. im stayin about 3 block from the Parliament Buildings..

thanks
[right][snapback]230343[/snapback][/right]

The War museum is probably the best museums in Ottawa... followed by the Museum of Civilisation.
If you're planning on getting through the whole war museum (and the vehicle exhibits in the basement), honestly, give yourself 5-6 hours. There's a ton of stuff to look at.
ZX5chica,Mar 13 2007, 08:25 PM Wrote:
tippmann,Mar 13 2007, 04:55 PM Wrote:nice!!!sounds like saturday night should be good and not to hard to find green beer..and then sunday hopefully the war musuem.. im stayin about 3 block from the Parliament Buildings..

thanks

The War museum is probably the best museums in Ottawa... followed by the Museum of Civilisation.
If you're planning on getting through the whole war museum (and the vehicle exhibits in the basement), honestly, give yourself 5-6 hours. There's a ton of stuff to look at.
[right][snapback]230376[/snapback][/right]

ok now that is one place i have visit.....so its got everything from bullets to tanks?
One of my kids, he's 22, is a first year culinary management student in Ottawa. He works at a restaruant downtown, called The Black Tomato. Right now. he's doing the weekend lunch menu. Apparently, the place is pretty good. They have a website http://www.theblacktomato.com
ZX5chica,Mar 13 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:Anywhere in the market will be good if you want a St. Patty's day bash, or you could try Elgin street area as well. Darcy McGee's will be packed if you want a good crowd.

I know that I will be at the irish village in the market. 5 irish pubs that are all linked, all packed, and all serving up green beer.

If you're looking for things cultural... umm... not much going on here, other than the museums.
[right][snapback]230334[/snapback][/right]

Yeah the market will be good...as it always is on st pattys day but you do have to show up early...I havent been downtown in a couple of years for st pattys day but when i did go, there was line ups all over the place.
ZX5chica,Mar 13 2007, 08:25 PM Wrote:

thanks

[right][snapback]230376[/snapback][/right]
yeah, i heard it was really good there a buddy was tellin me yesterday about somethings there. i will prolly do that on sunday (only thing really planned)
oldeguy,Mar 14 2007, 05:58 AM Wrote:One of my kids, he's 22, is a first year culinary management student in Ottawa. He works at a restaruant downtown, called The Black Tomato. Right now. he's doing the weekend lunch menu. Apparently, the place is pretty good. They have a website http://www.theblacktomato.com
[right][snapback]230429[/snapback][/right]

if it's not to far from my hotel and i can find it, i will go in and try the lunch on saturday when i get there..im planning on getting there around 12 or 1pm

just checked the website..looks pretty good
tippmann,Mar 14 2007, 05:49 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 14 2007, 05:58 AM Wrote:One of my kids, he's 22, is a first year culinary management student in Ottawa. He works at a restaruant downtown, called The Black Tomato. Right now. he's doing the weekend lunch menu. Apparently, the place is pretty good. They have a website http://www.theblacktomato.com
[right][snapback]230429[/snapback][/right]

if it's not to far from my hotel and i can find it, i will go in and try the lunch on saturday when i get there..im planning on getting there around 12 or 1pm

just checked the website..looks pretty good
[right][snapback]230538[/snapback][/right]
well. I hope you find it. My other son was up for a visit with his brother and ate at that restaruant and said the food was really good, even if his brother cooked it. Maybe some of our Ottawa brothers and sisters know where it is.
yeah it would be cool if someone on here kinda knew where it was. if not im there for 2 days im sure i could find it on a map somewhere
Go to the heart and crown! be there in the afternoon though or else ur sol.

great place for st patty's festivs
I'll be at heart and crown on St. Patty's as well... the girls and I will be running around trying to get our shirts signed
LOL once agian i don't know where that is, but im sure as long as i got a map i can find these places to check out... think i will start a list of places to check, for sure im going to try those 2 places the Black Tomato and the heart and crown.

thanks
Well by the looks of it, it's going to to be a fun drive with this snow storm apparently comming..any place that i should be aware of while driving with this snow?
tippmann,Mar 16 2007, 08:08 PM Wrote:Well by the looks of it, it's going to to be a fun drive with this snow storm apparently comming..any place that i should be aware of while driving with this snow?
[right][snapback]230906[/snapback][/right]
Everywhere. IThis is probably too late, but be careful all along the way. Around kingston can be difficult as well as the Trenton area, the Cobourg area and up the 416 can be fun
well it was a good time in Ottawa, drive up wasn;t as bad as i thought it would have been, 2 transport trucks just about pushed me into a ditch (fun) and i only hit one spot on the 401 where i could feel the car starting to slide. altho i did see about 10 other cars off in the ditch

I didn't get to do everything because of things not open on Mondays. tried to go to the heart and crown but was to long of a line and ended up going to a place called the great canadian cabin (i think). I didn't find The Black Tomato till i was leaving on moday afternoon
Ouch... so sorry that you had to come to Ottawa and have to go to the cabin ;)

It's not our pride and joy, but it used to be pretty good, from what my brothers tell me.

You'll have to make another trip up here when the weather is nice and you actually get to check out what's going on around town.
Pages: 1 2