FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clunking In Back Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our Focus started a clunking sound from the right rear earlier this winter, mostly occuring over sharp-edged bumps.

I checked all the suspension bolts for torque, and looked at everything but can't seem to find the source of the problem.

So I'm wondering whether worn out wheel bearings might be the source of the problem. Normally I would expect them to give vibration and noise when failing (like the fronts), but I'm wondering whether the rears start with clunking.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mine did the same thing when winter hit. Since it was new, I brought it in to the dealership. They just said it was probably something to do with the cold and that it wasn't something to worry about
Struts? Poor soundproofing?
Shot strut?
Blown strut.

Also dumb question...Do you still have all your lugnuts?
ANTHONYD,Mar 13 2007, 12:16 PM Wrote:Blown strut.

[right][snapback]230254[/snapback][/right]

Not a dumb question. Basic but not dumb.
I agree blown strut
Mason,Mar 13 2007, 07:01 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 13 2007, 12:16 PM Wrote:Blown strut.

[right][snapback]230254[/snapback][/right]

Not a dumb question. Basic but not dumb.
I agree blown strut
[right][snapback]230290[/snapback][/right]

Yup, all lugnuts accounted for.

I hadn't really thought about the shocks, but that could be the problem. They are Eibachs and only a little over a year old, but you never know ...
just had mine replaced - rear shocks - yup - when they put on new ones there is a new bumper kit for them - MAKE SURE THEY INSTALL IT or you will be back ltr to put it in!!!!