FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Insured With Belair?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belair has been the cheapest I've found, been using them for about a year now. I got a ticket on the 400 North that got lowered to 10 over, was 50 bucks and no points. How long do you guys think it takes for an insurance company to see you have a ticket?
Im with Belair and they have been the cheapest for me aswell. They won't be able to change your rate mid contract but upon your renewall Your ticket will show as a minor infraction.
Ahh ok, that's what I was hoping.. My renewal just passed on the 15th too haha.. My other question was, is it true when you're 25 that your insurance drops in price? And how much would you expect your rates to go up with a minor infraction?
Im hoping I turn 25 next year. If its your only infraction it shouldn't go up to much, but considering your in Toronto it will go up Ticket or no Ticket.
Yeah, I noticed my premium went up already. I heard it goes up every single year.. robbery at it's finest!
To be honest, I was with belair.. and it was not the cheapest.. i hit a deer and there were no issues and my insurance didnt go up BUT...

I turned 25yo 2 years ago and it absolutely did not change anything in my premium. I had been with belair for over 5 years also. I bought a 2006 Audi A4 last year and when I asked them how much to insure, their quote was almost twice as much as I am paying with my new insurance company. (1550$ and I pay 850$ now). Not only that, but the focus was costing me around 950$ a year with them. I even gave them a chance and told the lady at Belair that the other company was quoting me 850$ to see if they would offer anything better and nothing.. her reply was "Oh.. that's good." So i cancelled my premium on the spot.

2000 Focus: 950$
2006 A4: 850$

I am in Quebec though (although it should not matter either way)
Hmm, well I went through a lot of companies to get quotes and Belair was by far the cheapest by at least 1,000 bucks.. It was crazy. I don't know if the 25 year rule applies in Quebec.. I think it does in Ontario.
I hit 25 this year and to be honest if my premiums went down it was only by a few bucks a year. Nothing that was really noticeable. Although turning 25 this year may have offset the big increase that most people saw this year in Ontario.
Belair and RBC are the cheapest I found, they quoated me $1500 for a 2010 Imprezza Sport. If I lived in Stoney Creek I would have to pay 400 more a year....

500 deductable, 1,000,000 coverage, both ways, plus rental in case of an accident, first year max pay out.

Im 27 with a clean record and 10 years experiance

18-19 20-21 22-23 24-25 are some of the age ranges for *Men*, then you have another discount when you like 30 and so on and so forth untill they show you are married then its like 50% off lol. For women its really only when they get married they would get a discount. But all this being said Ontario is seperate from all other provinces.
Your ticket, they would be able to see that the second that the min of trans put it into the system saying you pleeded guilty. Even though you got it dropped.
It should stay on there for I think its 3-5 years can't remember I'm waiting for one to come off in Feb next year. Wont make a difference to my insurance because of my location but some ppl it might.
I tried to go with Bel Air when I was switching names on the car and my 2 tickets were only $10 each a month.That being part of my $260 monthly fee. Still way cheaper than Statefarm would have me as if I was on my own.

The $260 was for
$1500 Deductable
$500,000 Comp
No rental and other BS

Statefarm wants $189 per month
$500 Dedectable
$1,000,000 Comp
But this is me living at a different address and an occasional driver on the car.
Though I priced myself out at Satefarm and they wanted $1,068 a month and it took them 3 months to correct that. <_<
I HATE INSURANCE
D-Dub,Nov 19 2009, 01: Wrote:Belair and RBC are the cheapest I found,
[right][snapback]297522[/snapback][/right]

I did too, but because I have history with RBC I got a discount thru them so it's why I chose them over belair.
tetra,Nov 19 2009, 09:51 AM Wrote:Belair has been the cheapest I've found, been using them for about a year now. I got a ticket on the 400 North that got lowered to 10 over, was 50 bucks and no points. How long do you guys think it takes for an insurance company to see you have a ticket?
[right][snapback]297500[/snapback][/right]

The only time you'll get in trouble with Bel Air is when you have 3 moving infractions or more, and they'll drop you like a hot potato. They won't cancel your insurance, but they will not renew it. I know, I've been there. :) I had to go on high-risk for a year, until one of my tickets dropped off (they remain on your record for 3 years).

They're now definately the cheapest for us, now that both the wife and I are 31, and we have a house, child, stable income, etc...
your insurance will really go down when you get married! as for 25, mine went down a bit, but not on the spot, it went down on my renewal date. My renewal date was in June, so i had to wait until next june for it to go down since my birthday was in September.

as for insurance going up, it will only go up if they do a driver abstract. Sometimes they don't do it so you might get lucky. Ticket will stay in your records for the next 3 yrs and then it will clear up.

Sometimes i take the tickets to court, just so i can kill time. Usually it takes over a year to get a court date so my insurance will only be effected for 2 yrs.