FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Good Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so my uncle works at a ford dealership, And my fiance wants a focus. So I call him up, to find out what kind of payments she could get. Well he has a 2007 ZX5 that an exec from fords had for a bit, only has 8000km on it, manual tranny, leather, cruise, power everything, and the sony explode system. All for only $312/month for 3 years.

Now the issue, she wants an automatic. :(

I have a 2005 ZX5 Auto, with everything in it, but leather. I'm thinking we trade, me and her. I get the stick I want, and she gets my car. hmmm

Whats cool about this deal is that the car was still under the Ford motor company ownership, and I am still intitled to the new car lease for the used car price

I gotta let him know soon, will not last

what to do
these are leases im assuming....how much down on the new one? and it sounds like a pretty good deal to me

what color is it? :lol:
0 down, 3 year lease, and black!!!!!
Well if she's fine with trading cars, i'd say go for it, especially if you still enjoy driving a focus.
you're going to just..GIVE her your car? and then start making payments on the stick zx5?

and yes, what colour..

zx5 = wagon right?

... Either way it sounds like a not-too-shabby deal.. If it's what you want, and you can afford it.. Go wild !
Only possibly fly in the ointment would be how this works for ins. purposes...

Talk to your insurance broker about this before committing to anything

NefCanuck
f*** thats an awesome deal, which dealer is this at.......i need to unload my car soon

go for it, whens the wedding? lol
ex1z7,Mar 12 2007, 06:03 PM Wrote:zx5 = wagon right?

[right][snapback]230069[/snapback][/right]

Not a wagon... not a wagon... not a wagon :)

It's a four door hatchback... which isn't a wagon :D
I'd rather the newer drivetrain over the Zetec and its known issues, but that's just me. I'm addicted to the torque of the Duratorque... I mean Duratec.

If you want the manual, all the power to you. But, if you have modding aspirations... I hope you plan on buying it out at the end of the day.

FYI... my Focus is 390/mo over 5 years at 0% interest and 500 measly bucks down.

Don't forget, there are lots of lease fees that could (potentially) drive your initial costs before delivery WAY up.
I'd say to tell your GF to buy it, and let you drive it. She drives your car. All you need to do is make sure you are both over 25 years of age, and as long as you have "permission" to use the vehicle from the owner, your insurance will transffer to her car, and vice versa (unless you insurance carrier is a P.i.t.a)...

Best of luck...
So let me get this right, you are going to pay close to 12K for a 07 car and at the end of 3 years you have to probably pay another 10-12K to buy something that is worth only 5K?

Am I missing something? Are you guys going to just lease and return it at the end of the term? Why don't you look for a 03-5 ZX5 Auto and I'm sure you will make the same payments and at the end of the 3 years it will be hers.

Ford will depreciate more then 60% in the first 3 years. So buy something that has already depreciated. Just my 2 cents.
if this were to happen, she would be leasing or buying it. I would just switch with her. Beings its my uncle he has always been upfront with me. OUt the door prices are all he gives me. No messing around. What I'm now actually thinking is, seeing if I can get out of the lease of my car now, and get the 5 speed. Not sure what kind of penalties I would have to pay. Maybe get a better deal if we were to get the new cars at the same time i f that makes a difference.

The one good thing, intrest rates are prettty low. 1.9% for lease, and 0% to purchase. SO that makes the payments very nice.
ZX5focused,Mar 12 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:f*** thats an awesome deal, which dealer is this at.......i need to unload my car soon

[right][snapback]230074[/snapback][/right]

I will only tell you where if she passes it up,
laidman,Mar 12 2007, 09:34 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Mar 12 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:f*** thats an awesome deal, which dealer is this at.......i need to unload my car soon

[right][snapback]230074[/snapback][/right]

I will only tell you where if she passes it up,
[right][snapback]230119[/snapback][/right]

lol
ok deal, im debating on getting a truck or maybe another focus with a warranty. i liked the C30 i drove but its not worth the money. but either way the time is up on me owning my car :(
ZX5chica,Mar 12 2007, 08:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]230094[/snapback][/right]

And just what may I ask, young lady, is wrong with a wagon? <_<

:lol: just pulling your leg...I know you gots a zx5....
ahh yes hahaha this is how I got my 00 ZTS bewhahaha soo good to have freinds @ ford Mo co I know EXACTLY how your geting this car... we have an F350 and Grand Marquee from the same source lol
ZX5chica,Mar 12 2007, 07:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]230094[/snapback][/right]

I'm sorry :( :( :(
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 12 2007, 08:25 PM Wrote:I'm addicted to the torque of the Duratorque... I mean Duratec.
[right][snapback]230095[/snapback][/right]

I chuckled.
what kind of penalty would I get for returning a lease early
laidman,Mar 13 2007, 02:25 PM Wrote:what kind of penalty would I get for returning a lease early
[right][snapback]230298[/snapback][/right]

You'd have to look at the lease contract you signed. In fact, depending on the terms, you may be better off trying to find someone to take over the remainder of the lease b/c of the amount of the penalty.

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2