FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Picked Up A New Dd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought a Stone white 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT. Fully Loaded, leather, TPMS, Sunroof, bluetooth hands-free, 4X4, Tow package, heated seats/mirros, blah, blah, blah...this is based off the Jeep liberty, but extended in the back for more trunk space.

Its nice to put the stroller in a trunk without having to remove its wheels. Bigger bonus is I can now fit my dog AND the stroller in the back. Lots and lots of room in the back seats too. The baby seat has tons of room, nothing like the impreza.

We picked up the SUV at the Manheim Auction for $14500. After taxes, etest, safety and auction fees, the price was a tad over $17k. We test drove the same ones here, and the dealerships were asking anywhere between $16 900-$19 900, so I think we got a great deal.

Needs a good cleaning, once that is done, i will post some pics. So far I really enjoy it and my wife loves it.
Congrats bud. Did it come with 20's?
What engine is in it, 3.5L?
One that came on the auction line had the 20"s. Then I looked at prices for 20" tires. LOL - f-dat!! I went with the same SUV but with 17's.

engine is a 3.7. 210hp, 235 trq
Flo, just make sure it's up todate on the recalls, and is not leaking tranny fluid or oil. otherwise enjoy it, though you should have gone for the 2008 as then you could have got one with Chrysler's My Gig system in it, and you would have had Nav, and the Sirius option.

( for those that don't know what My Gig is, it's a very dumb down version of the Sync system ford has )
this one?
2007 DODGE NITRO SLT WHITE 4 6 Gas A 4 Y AM/FM HT L 66,415 $13,500
Frost__2001,Apr 16 2010, 07:49 PM Wrote:Flo, just make sure it's up todate on the recalls, and is not leaking tranny fluid or oil. otherwise enjoy it, though you should have gone for the 2008 as then you could have got one with Chrysler's My Gig system in it, and you would have had Nav, and the Sirius option.

( for those that don't know what My Gig is, it's a very dumb down version of the Sync system ford has )
[right][snapback]305328[/snapback][/right]

I already had it fully inspected, needed front brakes, and a hand brake adjustment for the safety, and I havent seen any oil or tranny fluid on my driveway from the driveback to Ottawa. Its going in for the fluid changes at the end of the month, will do the tranny fluid, coolant, brake, etc...start fresh.

I originally wanted an 08, trying to stay away from 1st year vehicles....learned that with my focus, but couldnt find a slt model with under 70k for 17k taxes in....

Spent the day clay barring & polishing the paint, a white vehicle is going to be interesting but it sure does look good when its clean. :D

mo_focus,Apr 17 2010, 11:51 PM Wrote:this one?
2007 DODGE NITRO SLT  WHITE 4 6 Gas A 4 Y AM/FM HT L 66,415 $13,500
[right][snapback]305373[/snapback][/right]

No. mine has 74k. It was on a online auction last month for 12500. Came into the manheim auction last week, think it started around that price.
All shined up...

[Image: IMG_3059.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3060.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3061.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3062.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3063.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3064.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3065.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3066.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3067.jpg]
Looks good but Yaa it needs some rims.
Lookin' good, Flo! Is it nice to have an all AWD stable? :) Nice replacement for the Bimmer... :D
ZX3_2NV,Apr 19 2010, 12:30 PM Wrote:Looks good but Yaa it needs some rims.
[right][snapback]305424[/snapback][/right]

It has rims. :lol:

Quote:Flo! Is it nice to have an all AWD stable?

Like I've always said, its going to be hard for me to get back into a fwd car.

I have a Suzuki sx4 right now for a rental (my wrx got rear ended by a truck) and I'm smoking the tires all over the road :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Quote:Nice replacement for the Bimmer...

Yeah, I love the extra room. So nice to bring my son and dog on the same trip now. BMW will be getting parted out this summer.
how bad did the Subi got owned?
pics?
Flofocus,Apr 20 2010, 09:28 AM Wrote:I have a Suzuki sx4 right now for a rental (my wrx got rear ended by a truck) and I'm smoking the tires all over the road  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]305502[/snapback][/right]

I demand pictures of the SX4 smoking the tires!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
You don't have rims you only have wheels lol
ZX3_2NV,Apr 21 2010, 11:28 AM Wrote:You don't have rims you only have wheels lol
[right][snapback]305556[/snapback][/right]

More like plastic rollers :D
NikiterZTS,Apr 20 2010, 10:57 AM Wrote:how bad did the Subi got owned?
pics?
[right][snapback]305508[/snapback][/right]

I was in Toronto while it happened. My wife had the car over at her parents, a moving truck hit the rear end while it was parked. Im glad my father was outside and saw it because my wife was inside and didnt see or hear a thing.

-New drivers side taillights
-New Trunk Lid
-New Rear Bumper

About $2200 damage. Pick it up tomorrow morning.
Flofocus,Apr 22 2010, 02:59 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 20 2010, 10:57 AM Wrote:how bad did the Subi got owned?
pics?
[right][snapback]305508[/snapback][/right]

I was in Toronto while it happened. My wife had the car over at her parents, a moving truck hit the rear end while it was parked. Im glad my father was outside and saw it because my wife was inside and didnt see or hear a thing.

-New drivers side taillights
-New Trunk Lid
-New Rear Bumper

About $2200 damage. Pick it up tomorrow morning.
[right][snapback]305692[/snapback][/right]

WOW $2200 yikes. Did the moving company end up covering it? By the way that nitro is suppost to be a minivan haha lol
I already told you Im not getting a minivan!!!

And yes, the moving company paid for everything, including the rental. Just signed the paper work and took the keys with my car home.