FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vw Phaeton To Return To N.a. Market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
VW Phaeton to return to N.A. market
12-3-2007

Volkswagen intends to reintroduce its Phaeton luxury sedan to the N.A. market, according to VW of America spokesman Andreas Meurer. Mr. Meurer made the announcement during an interview with Bloomberg.

Adrian Hallmark, the company's Executive Vice President, said VW expects its U.S. operations to break even in 2009. He said sales in 2007 would be flat, while the company focuses on preparing new models for 2008 and 2009.

Volkswagen pulled the Phaeton from the U.S. market in late 2005 due to poor sales. It's unclear when the Phaeton will return to America. Meurer said it would be reintroduced when the next version goes on sale worldwide.

It's not known if Meurer was referring to the facelifted 2008 Phaeton — revealed last week and on sale this summer — or the next-generation model due some time after 2009.
BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER!
ZED_not_zee,Mar 12 2007, 12:27 PM Wrote:BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER!
[right][snapback]229934[/snapback][/right]

I don't know about that...

I've seen a few in person, and while I admit that it looks like pretty much any other VW out there, this thing's got a presence that'll have you looking twice, three, maybe even more times to figure out what about it is so special

I've never been more bored of car in picture, but never so excited in person... they are amazing pieces of workmanship..