FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Leaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody fixed this one? 2.0 L Zetec. How much for the Valve Cover Gasket?
Oil leaking down the front of the engine? The valve cover gasket is $21 USD which somehow translates to $58CDN when you buy it from a canadian ford dealer...

Easy fix, hardest part is earning the cash to pay for the damn piece of rubber...
hardk0re,Mar 12 2007, 07:10 AM Wrote:Oil leaking down the front of the engine?  The valve cover gasket is $21 USD which somehow translates to $58CDN when you buy it from a canadian ford dealer... 

Easy fix, hardest part is earning the cash to pay for the damn piece of rubber...
[right][snapback]229876[/snapback][/right]
Oil leaking down the front, I can see where it is coming from. Front, right hand side. Do you know if anyone other than Ford sells the part?
I just did mine a couple of months ago. For sure the worst part of the job is forking over the money for the gasket.

The actual gasket replacement is really just a straight forward swap, anyone can do it.
make sur eyou follwo the recommended torque specifications. Some people tighten it down to much and that is what is causing their leaks.
a How To
Click

not sure whats up with pics