FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shop Wrecked My 2007 Vibe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this is a doozy story. So my girlfriend tells me last month she wants to get rid of the 2003 Aztek maintenance nightmare and get a new car. I was excited and told her to go for it. So we head down to the dealer to look at an 07 Vibe. This was a nicely equipped vibe, with the exception of a few thing. Sliding power moonroof, power windows, doors, keyless entry and tint. I don't blame her as the Aztek had those options. We tell the sales man we want those factory options. Which total near 2500 or so dollars. He says we would have to wait 2-3 months to get a car from the factory like that. We were willing to wait but he said they have a shop that does this JUST LIKE THE FACTORY. Wow sounds awesome and we can take delivery in a week. The car came in at 29,000 and change.

When we get the car back... well... you judge for yourself in the pics. There were scratches on near every surface, dash, door skins, you name it. All from metal tools you can tell. The sunroof install was a joke, I could get my entire hand under the trim. There were bubbles in ALL the window tint. They even used a pair of pliers or vice grips to get the rear hatch window off then tried to hide the damage with permanent marker haha... What douchebags. Basically Auto Trim in Pinetree near New Glasgow BUTCHERED THIS CAR. I wouldn't recommend them for anything. They tried to armor all the scratches and couldn't even do that right, what a joke.

To make a long story short after a month long battle we made the dealer take the car back and return the Aztek at no cost to my girlfriend. Keep in mind this was a brand new car with 70KMs on it when they got their hands on it. To top it all off the dealer paid the bill in full to Auto Trash.

Pictures
Holy Fawk man that sucks that the vibe got messed up. Thats bs tho, shops like that shouldn't exist, I dont even know how they got started with that kind of workmanship.
I guess Pontiac won't be dealing with that firm anymore.
I stopped reading when I saw "Aztek", sorry
Man thats some shady work for sure.
Gotta love ghetto "tint" places. Make sure you thank the dealer for having a great referral system with such a great shop. :P
Wow that moonroof is clean.

I would have cried.
Better Business Bureau might do a good job in this situation so no one would get hurt in this way any more
Wow....I don't even know what to say, other than wow...
Should have bought a Focus.
That's a pretty impressive job.. they managed to ruin almost every finished surface in a brand new car. What sort of shop is going to take a brand new car and mangle it like that and try to pass it off as "good enough"? If they do that kind of work on a brand new car just imagine the work they'd do on something older that they could say "it was like that before".
that is just plain s***ty... I mean I could install a sunroof and tint better than that using only the internet as my guide WTF?!?
aside from the scuffs did the interior smell like Pot?
ZED_not_zee,Mar 13 2007, 02:47 AM Wrote:aside from the scuffs did the interior smell like Pot?
[right][snapback]230170[/snapback][/right]

Laugh, no. If it had of... they might have an excuse.