FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Autox The Rental
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
no pics sorry didn't get a chance to take any.

rental is an automatic 07 se sedan with the 2.0L motor. stock everything (incl craptastic goodyear rsa tires).. only change was tire pressure 40psi front 36psi rear

i don't know what my pax time is, but i manage to get a better raw time than a dude in an old nissan altima and someone in a crx si

the tires just weren't giving me any love.. the traction limit is so incredibly low.. even with the soft suspension i felt like i could have gone faster with some better rubber. oh well. at least i beat somebody =)

here is the link to results. i am car 214 nicholas nazareno. i only did 3 runs because it was cold and my friends (cars 144 and 007) wanted to go home after the first set of runs

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/Motor...12007tt_fin.htm

i feel the need to be a broken record and repeat a few things i have posted often in the past
1) if you want actual performance dont bother spending money on the suspension.. buy real tires (azenis sport or better) and get seat time.. the altima and crx i beat were both modified with aggressive lowering springs.. it didn't help them..
2) if you think you want to participate in autoX, don't let the make/model of your car be a barrier.. if i can autoX a stock automatic focus SE.. anything can be autoX'd
ahh I can echo this...

my first auto X of last summer I showed up with coilovers sway bars and the worx... lol I was so up classed I ran in the same class as my friends STI LOL! thing was, my RT 615's wern't in yet and I had to run my snow tires! wich are 185 60 15's! ah jeez I bet a lot of peeps laughed at me that day!

I know this is gonna sound like a whack question but I just have to ask.

Have you ever seen anybody autox'ing a car who is disabled and requires car mods to drive in the first place? :unsure:

I'm curious to see if the organizers of the autox would be leery in any way, even with the disclaimer agreement signed... 'cause I really really wanna autox the Focus at least once :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 12 2007, 11:19 AM Wrote:I know this is gonna sound like a whack question but I just have to ask.

Have you ever seen anybody autox'ing a car who is disabled and requires car mods to drive in the first place? :unsure:

I'm curious to see if the organizers of the autox would be leery in any way, even with the disclaimer agreement signed... 'cause I really really wanna autox the Focus at least once :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]229927[/snapback][/right]

I can not see a problem... I'm sure your mods arn't performance, there for driveability... and your car will only be classed on perfromance adding mods...

further more if any one bitches that your under classed it's cuz there assholes and can't drive them selves...

cheers

AL
NefCanuck,Mar 12 2007, 11:19 AM Wrote:I know this is gonna sound like a whack question but I just have to ask.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]229927[/snapback][/right]

Theres a few guys up here who have disabilities, the car's they run are modified to suit.. One guy used to ice race, and still drag races.. He was running with the same field as his performance modifications allowed, his class didn't go by his disability.

Call up a few local places that organize auto cross events, see what they say..
Thanks, I was thinking of hitting up one of the Cayuga dates anyways (Closest track to me) for either lapping or dragging (Even though I'm thinking in that crowd my car would be the "No Go Showboat" even with the SRI & exhaust :D)

NefCanuck
ooohh I wanna goto a laping day @ cayuga bad,, itès been too long.. we should organize one!!!
pretty sure they;d let you run and give you props for showing up. if they dont they are assholes just go somewhere else. grassroots level motorsport is one of the few places i have been where race/class/etc/etc don't matter. if there are any asshats its the young kids who show up occasionally to rAc3 y0 and not the core group of dedicated enthusiasts who run the club