FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Research Has Just Been Accepted For Publication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

So I got an email today from the guy in charge of organizing the annual international conference in motor control. Turns out that the organizing committee has accepted my research abstract, and they are going to let me present my findings at their conference in Brazil this summer! I'm pumped, and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

If you're bored and wanna read what is getting published and presented, follow the Linky
ZX5chica,Mar 11 2007, 09:42 PM Wrote:Turns out that the organizing committee has accepted my research abstract, and they are going to let me present my findings at their conference in Brazil this summer!
Congrats! :)

*refrains from making reference to anything "Brazillian"*

:lol:
Congrats!

Now where's meford when ya need him.
Well earned and deserved, best of luck to a really nice, honest and good person.
Absolute and complete congratulations!.
My wife is doing her Phd, so I've seen her when something gets accepted for either publication or presentation. You must be bouncing off the walls! She's done a few now, but nowhere like Brazil tho.

Good on ya, keep up the good work. You'll eventually get to where you want to be.

Scorp.
congrats on getting it published and Brazil.
Scorpion,Mar 11 2007, 10:12 PM Wrote:Absolute and complete congratulations!.
My wife is doing her Phd, so I've seen her when something gets accepted for either publication or presentation. You must be bouncing off the walls! She's done a few now, but nowhere like Brazil tho.

Good on ya, keep up the good work. You'll eventually get to where you want to be.

Scorp.
[right][snapback]229852[/snapback][/right]

Thanks! Yeah, a publication is a huge thing for me. This is my first international publication... and it's stemming from my undergrad thesis work which is pretty cool.

You're right... I was bouncing a little too much last night when I got news
Congrats, that's really something to be proud of :)

Read the abscrat... very interesting. Over my head mind you, but interesting :P

NefCanuck
Congrats, I know Andrea was really happy when her stuff got published. B)
To echo Nef.. It's also over my head, but a disease that's important to me and really touches home, any research to better understand and aim for a cure is well supported by me and my family.. Hat's off to you for your research, and congratulations on getting published ! I was really excited when I heard I was getting published for a completely different field of work for the first time as well .. Yours must feel incredible as it's on such a larger scale.

Good job again, I hope everything works for you !

And I'll try, like OAC, to refrain from making "Brazilian" jokes..

Mmmm.. Brazilian..
habmann,Mar 11 2007, 10:00 PM Wrote:Congrats!

Now where's meford when ya need him.
[right][snapback]229849[/snapback][/right]
Celebrating with chica

All the best my dear, You deserve it!
Way to go Chica.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person!
Excellent stuff :D

Congrats on a very important accomplishment!
late to the party... but
CONGRATS!! <-- size matters right?
Thanks a lot guys... crazy support and I don't even know all of you personally!!
Congrats! That's definitely a huge accomplishment!
Just reading everything now! Very interesting article and congrats on being published!

Excellent job!