FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oh Em Gee....gta Guys Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so, I was up at the Oshawa GM plant last night (I usually run west, not east) and I'm loading when I hear a "blatty" exhaust...I figure it's civic or something but look anyway...

:o

OH.....MY.....GOD....

it's a freakin R32 Skyline!!!!!! either that, or something with R32 headlights, tailights, and bodykit...

has anyone ever seen this car??? It's black, or something dark, had an aluminum wing on the trunk, rims, and some kind of neon on the back....maybe a plate frame....or in the licence plate lights??

please tell me I didn't IMAGINE THIS!!!!!!!
Its possible...there was 2 R32's for sale in Montreal area about a month ago on Auto Trader...one was silver, and I think the other was black...both were right hand drive, sooo...guessing Motorex, or someone imported on their own, at a large cost...
Yeah there was talks about the R32 while back. I actually saw one in a mall parking lot once, it just had temp plates on.
R32's do exist in Ontario. There's 4 listed in autotrader right now.
There is a few around but those <15 years old are illegal and the owners are registering them as some other type of Nissan and taking their chances. Not surprised there are so many for sale, it's not a co-incidence you can only get away with that sort of thing for so long. Over hyped car anyway.
there's a black 1990 Skyline gtr rolling around kitchener
my buddy has one... its a 90 GTR-32 - Black with Bronze rims... He lives in Barrie but he is all around TO all the time....

I fact a lot of the focus guys would know him, hes the dude that I used to live with who had the Mugen Prelude.... Dope car!
I've seen one around Hamilton. It has writing on the back stating the vehicle is right hand drive.
^^^ Ya i've seen that one, R32's are pretty common around here, they were always at Mapleview Car Show in burlington and there were tonnes at the autoshow (in the tuner section).
small penis

I hardly think a car that has close to 300 horsepower stock, with a bottom end that can take 1000 horsepower with an AWD system to put it to the ground is "over hyped"...

I couldn't tell if it was a GTS or GTR....it wasn't close enough....but it was damn sweet...

ohhhhhh.......drooolll.....

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...category=&CAT=1

some day I WILL own one like that....I'm not picky, it doesn't need to be an R34...

heck...there's even a couple Silvia's and Pulsar's for sale....I never realized how many cool imported cars you can find in ontario...
:postpics:
Correction: if not illegal for one thing then a 15+ year old car with right hand drive that is a PITA to do anything with other than deliver the rural mail. There are just so many better cars out there that are so much easier to own, live with, are far more versitile, safer and just as fast.
I've just always loved the concept of a mean-looking coupe with a seriously bad-ass set of rolling gear.

I'd buy one if I had the time to dedicate to it (and a garage to store it in!).
PARKINGLOT,Mar 11 2007, 07:16 AM Wrote:I hardly think a car that has close to 300 horsepower stock, with a bottom end that can take 1000 horsepower with an AWD system to put it to the ground is "over hyped"...

[right][snapback]229731[/snapback][/right]

but a 4,000lb brick with only 300HP is a bit overrated...

Granted these cars are fast, and can go faster and faster, but for the money, and trouble with maintenance, you'd be better off with a used ferrari.

On that note, there's a good dozen or so in Toronto, and I seem to see one or two every day on Yonge St... There's a grey one that visits my appartment building on occasion and can be seen popping out of sidestreats in the area.

Looks nice, but it's just not special anymore...

what society has done is taken a sedan and boosted it to Countach-like mythical status. But unlike a countach, the dream doesn't die once you've seen it once or twice.

darkpuppet,Mar 11 2007, 12:00 PM Wrote:but a 4,000lb brick with only 300HP is a bit overrated... 

[right][snapback]229749[/snapback][/right]

actually, an R32 weighs about 3300...

a focus weighs around 2700....but there's that whole 130hp and FWD thing...

it may just be me, but I'd settle for the extra 600lbs, 170-200hp, and extra 2 drive wheels...
If it were RHD, you'd be getting pulled over constantly...for "Routine reasons"...regardless if the car is somehow actually legal...

I'll pass on that, as well as needing a lot of parts from Japan or Cali for when things break...
When ZX3guy 2000 and I drove down for the bbq last summer, there was a Skyline with Quebec plates driving near us for a bit on the 401. Between both cars, we must have taken a few pics of the Skyline... if memory serves me correct, it was dark grey or black
there are 3 people in hamilton that own R32, i know one of the guys.

he works a boost performance.
there are actually more Skylines in the salvage pile in Sask than on the road.

i don't really see what the big deal is about an R32, they didn't start to get good till the R33 models.
Pages: 1 2