FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: 2000-02 Zx3/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The skinny:

If I buy a project Focus, I can ward off the evil modding gremlins and keep them off my 2008 Escape.

Idea: buy a 2000-01 Focus ZX3 or a 2002 ZX5 with nothing done to it, make it my own.

You supply: one (1) 2000-01 ZX3 or 2002 ZX5, fully certifiable with a minimal amount of work. This will be a weekend driver regardless of mod project status. No major mods, no major accident damage, no outstanding liens. Mileage under 200,000 is preferable. Major rust issues will be considered on a detailed pictures / visit basis - i.e. how much do I want to do bodywork first thing.

I supply: a ceiling of 2000-2500 in cold hard cash. Higher prices will be considered, but it had better be one hell of a Focus for that price.

Car does NOT need power anything in terms of accessories (power windows, door locks, etc). Car does NOT come with autotragic transmission. Car does NOT have one of those wimpy SPIs that came in the Quebec ZX3s from some time in 2000. Those things suck. No sedans. No wagons (not yet anyways). I'm looking for something new-to-me in the Focus world.

I will show up in the spring after we negotiate a successful price on the car and take it away via car dolly.

Pay attention to the last part - I WILL SHOW UP IN THE SPRING. This is not an immediate sale. I have more important things to spend cash on right now than a second car. I'll have the cash by April. Keep in mind that it's going to North Bay so an early delivery to my driveway is right out. A deposit of $500 or so will be considered if you're willing to store it for the winter and not sell it to anyone else. If you sell it to someone else, you're an ass. Withhold my deposit and we'll see each other in court.

If you enjoyed the read and the above is agreeable to you, drop me a line via PM or reply here. All colours of Focus will be considered except gold. Sorry Oscar. :P And no pink. I'll kick you in the nuts.

I reserve the right to cancel this post outright. If we've already negotiated a deposit and a deposit has been paid, we'll come up with something. I'm a fair guy. :)

EDIT - for Frost cause I'm a dumbass.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 17 2009, 02:03 PM Wrote:Idea: buy a 2000-01 Focus ZX3/5 with nothing done to it, make it my own.

[right][snapback]297426[/snapback][/right]

Nos, you do know that there is no 2000 - 2001 ZX5's right? the only way you could get your hands on one is if you bought an Imported one as they didn't go on sale here until 2002. :P

Oy. :( Fixed.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 17 2009, 02:03 PM Wrote:All colours of Focus will be considered except gold. Sorry Oscar. :P[right][snapback]297426[/snapback][/right]

Not my fault it's a sexy colour.
Start saving.......

Mine might go up for sale come spring... :(
SL8RZZX3,Nov 17 2009, 04:32 PM Wrote:Start saving.......

Mine might go up for sale come spring...  :(
[right][snapback]297440[/snapback][/right]

dib on your pwsc :)
konafocuswrc,Nov 17 2009, 10:38 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Nov 17 2009, 04:32 PM Wrote:Start saving.......

Mine might go up for sale come spring...  :(
[right][snapback]297440[/snapback][/right]

dib on your pwsc :)
[right][snapback]297444[/snapback][/right]

hahaha won't happen sorry.....

no part out, it'll be an all or nothing sale as a whole
Not to take away from a sale of anyone on here, but you may want to consider heading to the US to pick up a lovely little Euro Focus.

Ya, they are a little MORE $$$$, but a lot of the modding you will spend $$$$ on in the short or long run, the work is already done and what a nice little car you will have.
Hey Adam - just putting it out there as this doesnt meet any of your criteria...

My old focus is for sale, $3500 with everything, needs some body work due to a truck backing into it, but should be easily fixable. never seen winter, newish turbo, blah, blah, blah...

Let me know by PM, and I can arrange something.
Are you planning to boost it? I know your not looking for something modded but how about a rolling shell with a Built motor. You can throw what ever boosted application on there what ever bumpers and make it your own. If your interested pm me.
Hey if you guys want to cut me in for 500.00, I'll throw on a HKS SSQBOV on the Turbo Focus and park outside his office and house just reving...

Feel the pressure Adam... WOOOOOO PHSHSHSHSSHS!!! :lol:
Nate - it's a little more than I was going to spend. Yes, I'm a scrooge. How bad is the damage? If it's not horrible, I might be able to forgive the pre-modded state :P

Rolling shells don't interest me, sadly. This is going to be my weekend driver / primary driver once the g/f gets her license. It will be winter-driven (tentatively for now) - there will be NO MERCY. It needs to be able to hit the road with minor repairs at best within the first two weeks that I own it. The only downtime it will see is either self-inflicted due to mod install time or catastrophic parts failure.

Oscar - just for that one, I get to drive once more before you park it for the winter. I'll buy the gas. :P
beleives in needs a new front bumper, grill and headlights. all parts Im sure you can source from memebers here.

We can fix it at my place B)
I've got the perfect solution. Only problem is that mine has over 200,000kms (but it's been maintained REALLY well).

I have a liquid grey 2002 Focus ZX3 S2 with a manual, no fancy doo-dads as far as equipment is concerned. It's got 255,000kms on it but, as I said, it's been maintained really well and runs better than most. It has AC that blows super cold and everything else works. It's in great shape, will certify, comes e-tested already. Paint, body, and interior are in great shape as well as the underbody and rockers.

I'm looking to buy a Focus Wagon in the spring and moving my mods over to it. I can throw in a complete SVT suspension for you if you like (since that won't work in the wagon).

As I said... not looking for a wagon until spring, so this seems like a perfect set-up to me. Also, the real clincher is that I have a cottage near North Bay and go into the Bay all of the time... I could even bring the car up to you...

If you're interested send me an e-mail - lowblackdub@gmail.com and we can make preliminary arrangements.

Here's a picture of my car:

[Image: ZX36.jpg]
Oooh, an S2.

Lowblackdub and I have been discussing this one via email. B)

This could get interesting. :)
I have a 2000 black ZX3 with a manual trany and 201,000 km. It has a DOHC motor and power locks. The motor is stock but it does have SVT suspention.I will be looking to sell it in the spring, let me know if your interested and ill send you some pics.