FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winnipeg~ Meet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, being my first post here... Thought I'd say Hi all.. I'll find a newbie introduction section (if you have one) and get down to those tacks later..

I did a brief search and didn't really find anything near.. but..

I live in Thunder Bay, ontario, and was looking to see if there are any get togethers or meets or anything near my area? Closest major town is Winnipeg, 8 hour drive, that I wouldn't mind doing for a good old fashioned meet..

So does anyone know of anything within an 8-9 hour drive ? Any more then that in one day is sort've overkill for a commute without another reason so far :|..

And, uh.. Before I forget, nice looking forum you guys run :) That I've seen so far anyways..

-Kevin
ex1z7,Mar 9 2007, 06:55 PM Wrote:Well, being my first post here... Thought I'd say Hi all.. I'll find a newbie introduction section (if you have one) and get down to those tacks later..

I did a brief search and didn't really find anything near.. but..

I live in Thunder Bay, ontario, and was looking to see if there are any get togethers or meets or anything near my area? Closest major town is Winnipeg, 8 hour drive, that I wouldn't mind doing for a good old fashioned meet..

So does anyone know of anything within an 8-9 hour drive ? Any more then that in one day is sort've overkill for a commute without another reason so far :|..

And, uh.. Before I forget, nice looking forum you guys run :) That I've seen so far anyways..

-Kevin
[right][snapback]229566[/snapback][/right]

I'd be down for a winnipeg meet. As far as I know, there has never been one
Well once I do some work on my car to make it more than just a stock SE I'll be down, sometime this summer I guess :D..

How many other near-winnipeg members are there here? Worth posting this on FocusFanatics too.. When it's nearer to the date that is.
Hi Guys, I've tried to set up Winnipeg meets before but there just hasn't been any interest or it would have only consisted of 2 people. I'm the mod for the Manitoba section but I've been slacking on it for a while because really I'm the only guy that posted in there. Keep an eye out for updates soon as the car show season is approaching and I be updating the dates and locations soon.

-SVT ZX3
hey Kev.....im not sure how far thunder bay from torono is(i believe its over 10hour drive)....but i say if u wanna kill a day of driving for a big meet you need to mission down for Anthony's BBQ ....its a one time thing per year....last year over 40 Focus's showed up and everyone had a blast!!....check the photo's AND videos, they should be on the site somewhere
cheers
Nikiter : Just made the drive there and back in Feb! Took me 17 down, 18 back.. It was pretty much close to death doing the entire drive with one driver, my girlfriend can't drive otherwise we'd have done it quicker. Stopped in Sudbury on the way down, and arrived in Port Hope - then went from Port Hope to North Bay and followed Highway 11 all the way to tbay.. It's a little over 1500km.

The trip itself was brutal, on the way home I got caught in that highway-closing storm, was on the 11 to Orilia for about 2 hours going 10 km/h..

But, whatever ! It'd be worth it to do in the summer ! Theres 2 or 3 guys up here with modified foci that I've seen, if I can find a way to get in touch with them, wouldn't mind trying to set up a cavalry haha!

I'll keep an eye out for that event, thanks for the heads up !
I'd be up for a Winnipeg meet, I'm only about 4 1/2 hours away.
you can do the drive to Thunder Bay in less than 15 hours in the summer.. and Thunder Bay is 8 hours from Winnipeg.

just watch for the cops around Wawa..
[Image: IMG_2883.jpg]
darkpuppet,Mar 13 2007, 01:32 PM Wrote:you can do the drive to Thunder Bay in less than 15 hours in the summer.. and Thunder Bay is 8 hours from Winnipeg.

just watch for the cops around Wawa..
[Image: IMG_2883.jpg]
[right][snapback]230284[/snapback][/right]

I got dinged by missing Wawa, just around North Bay on the 11.. 3 points :(

But I'm heading to Winnipeg for a concert May 5th.. Anyone want to see about something around there ? Wouldn't mind meetin' up for a photoshoot if I have my new equipment in by then :D
I got nailed In Canora...4 points and $400. I was paceing with a truck in front.

The cop had to choose over a hick in a pick up, or 3 teenagers in a bright yellow focus.

Yeah. You would too.
List of Manitoba events is now up in our section...

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...1&st=&p=&#entry
SVT ZX3,Mar 30 2007, 10:08 AM Wrote:List of Manitoba events is now up in our section...

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...1&st=&p=&#entry
[right][snapback]232506[/snapback][/right]

How about at the Grant Ave Pony Corral, every Sunday they invite a different club to showcase. I would be willing to talk to them to see if we could get a Sunday. But it would have to be in July or August so I can go...LoL Their Cruise in and show goes from about 600pm until 10. But people start to show up around 5.