FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Putting Tom Motorsports Seats In The Foci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as it says..i'm looking to put my new set of tom motorsports seats in my car...just curious, what brackets do i need to pick up? if any, and am i gonna have to be creative and fab myself up something?
smith21,Mar 9 2007, 12:25 AM Wrote:as it says..i'm looking to put my new set of tom motorsports seats in my car...just curious, what brackets do i need to pick up? if any, and am i gonna have to be creative and fab myself up something?
[right][snapback]229447[/snapback][/right]

It would probably be way cheaper to get someone to make you the brackets.
I think the best way is to use the Corbeau brackets that don't come with sliders, get the models with the T at the end I think its 2008T and 2009T. T stands for tall, and these brackets come with sliders.

They aren't a direct bolt up, another member on this site used 1/4" Steel and made a bracket. Basically just mounted the blate to the seat bracket then the seat to that plate.

I used 1/4" high grade aluminum, slightly more but it weighed allot less than the steel.
When I installed my MOMO seats I used the MOMO sliders and mounted them on Sparco bases. All the bolt holes lined up perfectly and the fit was excelent. The only thing I needed to do was put about 4 washers under the front mounting bolts to angle the seats back a little. The MOMO seats I had were a fixed back with no adjustment so I had to shim them to get them the way I wanted. Hope this help with your install and lets see some pic's when your done.
I use Recaro seat base for my Recaro replica which uses the same slider as the Tom's. I need to drill two holes at the base since the crappy sliders is shorter then the real recaro's.
yea, i have the sliders that came with the seats..gonna do some more homework after ur help