FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Kia Commercial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the first one that got everyone pisse:
original

the one everyone whined about to get:
politically correct one
That was my favorite comercial till the politicals got their hands on it. Mad me so mad when I saw the edited one.
huh.. I have never seen the edited one on tv before, only the first one.
Frost__2001,Mar 8 2007, 07:24 AM Wrote:huh.. I have never seen the edited one on tv before, only the first one.
[right][snapback]229326[/snapback][/right]
I haven't seen the edited one either ... an ex-Ford guy I've known for about 15 years is the head of Kia advertising in Canada - I'll ask him about it.
i saw the edited one for the first time last night
I had only seen the original, too.

They left out their slogan - "Why design when you can imitate AND cut corners!" :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 8 2007, 09:41 AM Wrote:They left out their slogan - "Why design when you can imitate AND cut corners!" :lol:
[right][snapback]229332[/snapback][/right]
^^ Uhh?? Are you talking about platform sharing with Hyundai?

With respect to the ads Kia Canada rec'd complaints from the Montreal Police Brotherhood, the Quebec Police Association, the Ontario Association of Police Chiefs and the RCMP - basically saying they believed the ad to be disrespectful to female police officers.

The creative head of Kia's ad agency (also ex-Ford agency) said that in consumer testing most women thought the female in the ad was "empowered" and although men thought the ad humourous they did not find it demeaning to women.

I think the decision Kia ended up making was to run the racy version after 9:00 pm and the edited one prior.

Personally I think the police have a lot more serious problems to worry about than this.
The fact most of their subcompacts look conspicuously like Subarus? The overrataed engines (also a Hyundai trait, apparently)? The fact their own executives are really raging criminals?

I have no love for Kia.
I think that the reality is, you're not gonna get to have fun with a female cop in a fricken Kia....unless she's you're wife or something...lol
:lol: That is a hilarious edit!
Gah, the PC police strike again.... I may have thought the ad was stupid but it didn't deserved to get lobotomized like that either <_<

NefCanuck