FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mk7 Fiesta Is Coming To North America
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
from K-OS's post earlier Ford was on the fence still but they just announced this:

Ford Subcompacts for U.S. Will Come From Brazil
07-03-2007

GENEVA — The Ford Motor Company is expected to release details this week on a new family of subcompact vehicles that will be designed in Germany, engineered in Japan, assembled in Brazil — and marketed in the U.S. starting in 2010.

The centerpiece of this new family is the next-generation Ford Fiesta, which is being designed in Europe with engineering assistance from Mazda. The new Fiesta is slated to go into production next year in Europe and other markets. A version to be assembled in Brazil beginning in 2009 is expected to be exported to the U.S., probably as a 2010 model, according to suppliers familiar with Ford's plans.

At the annual auto show here, Ford's Japan affiliate is unveiling its new Mazda2 mini-crossover, based on the redesigned Demio, which goes into production in Japan later this spring. The new Demio and Mazda2 will be the first global products to be built on the next-generation Fiesta platform. A variant also is expected to be assembled in Brazil and marketed in the U.S. at about the same time as the new Fiesta hatchback.

Ford earlier had planned to stock U.S. dealers with a new family of Fiesta-class vehicles from Mexico, beginning in 2009. But rising labor and material costs reportedly have persuaded company planners to shift U.S.-bound production to Brazil, which has effectively pushed back introduction by a year.

Ford has been conspicuous in its absence from the B-segment market in the U.S., which is populated with such low-priced competitors as the Chevrolet Aveo, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Nissan Versa and Toyota Yaris.

What this means to you: Ford's new small-car family for North America will be a truly global effort.
I smell a track toy. :D
We can always hope that the 2010 Focus will be the one we all want. The World Focus, not the watered down, one we have now.
Now that is awsome news, I was just talking to my cousin in Portugal and cars came up and I mentioned the possibility of the Fiesta coming over to NA and all he said was that the Fiesta was the best B-Segment car out there and that it was a baby Focus on steroids. Hopefully by the time it comes over Ford has overcome its problems and is capable of delivering a car that is both reliable and affordable.

[Image: getImage.asp?imageName=SPG_15_37_0_21569...85x161.jpg]

Laterz :)