FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Finally Took Apart My Blown Engine.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: DSCF3178.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3177.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3176.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3175.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3174.jpg]
Pfft.

Those are fine.

:lol:
ANTHONYD,Mar 6 2007, 09:32 PM Wrote:Pfft.

Those are fine.

:lol:
[right][snapback]229145[/snapback][/right]

I HAVE seen worse. Like a build in inpection window for your block :ph34r:
meh, nothing a lil JB weld couldnt fix :lol:
When you break things, you sure don't mess around eh? :lol: :blink:

NefCanuck
Those are specially cut for weight savings and a higher redline... right? RIGHT? :lol:

Damn, s*** blows up good in a Zetec.

FIRE IN THE HOLE! :ph34r:
Flofocus,Mar 6 2007, 09:27 PM Wrote:[Image: DSCF3175.jpg]

Yeah, I can see the problem...it was burning a little hot on the left I reckon... :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

Damn, it really did a number huh?
Glad to see you when you blow something up, you blow something up. Nice work :D
Hey I think you're missing a piece of your piston..

:P
wish there was a camera on me when I said this "is that... no.................. wholly s*** that's a piece of my conecting rod!"

I know most of you on here know but howed this happen?
I guess im the Only one that does not see a issue Here?
The problem is a rather large chunk of piston missing :) And another piston that looks like it was smacking something around for a bit...

But hey at least you found most of your piston. This is what we found when we removed the front head from my friends monte...
[Image: cyl-frontbank.jpg]
^^ :o

Dude, that's nuts.
ZED_not_zee,Mar 7 2007, 03:36 AM Wrote:wish there was a camera on me when I said this "is that... no.................. wholly s*** that's a piece of my conecting rod!"

I know most of you on here know but howed this happen?
[right][snapback]229190[/snapback][/right]

This is what happens when a tuner says Focus's are the same as mustangs when it comes to tuning. My tuner ran it crazy lean (he hit 18 on the afr guage) and I told him to stop....he quit for the night...Im guessing because I was looking over his shoulder and he really didnt know what was going wrong.

The next day he said it blew on a test drive, I doubt it... it blew on the dyno.

They say low-compression pistons are a plus when you're boosted. Can't imagine the compression getting much lower than that. :lol:
Nate, did you run this engine with adj cam gears too? Methinks they might be adjusted a little too far and the valves were smacking the piston possibly. Check the valves too on that cylinder to see if they are bent.
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 7 2007, 12:35 PM Wrote:Nate, did you run this engine with adj cam gears too?  Methinks they might be adjusted a little too far and the valves were smacking the piston possibly.  Check the valves too on that cylinder to see if they are bent.
[right][snapback]229235[/snapback][/right]

I didnt take pics of the head but yeah there is deto marks all over the valves to, i wouldnt be surprised at all if the valves from that cyl are bent. I just dont have the right tools to take the head fully apart...yet. I love excuses that get me new tools :).

And no, no adj cam gears, thats just s***ty timing tuning.

Flofocus,Mar 7 2007, 11:53 AM Wrote:just dont have the right tools to take the head fully apart...yet.  I love excuses that get me new tools :). [right][snapback]229239[/snapback][/right]
For the casual DIY the stuff from Princess Auto works well.
yeah thats where I get most of my stuff.
Flofocus,Mar 7 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:yeah thats where I get most of my stuff.
[right][snapback]229246[/snapback][/right]

I just picked up a valve spring compresor there for like $30... you'l need one too to disasemble the head...

Gah idiots,,, !!!

BOO poor tuning,,, have they replaced your motor for free?
Pages: 1 2