FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Guard Rail Vs. Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought that gaurd rail is supposed to save you........

[Image: weird853.jpg]
WOW!!! that sux!!!!

euro spec! check out the tails and then the licence plate mount
That focus got owned. What a waste.
PWNED! Thats nuts, how can you even do that? I agree with Laidman, i thought the guard rails were suppose to save you........
Wow, that's insane...

I don't feel so bad about some small dings in the stang after seeing that...

Wow
I wonder how much he wants for the rear bumper cover?
Hmmm. there's something about the trunk bending that way that makes me feel this image is a fake.
Frost__2001,Mar 6 2007, 06:20 PM Wrote:I wonder how much he wants for the rear bumper cover?
[right][snapback]229121[/snapback][/right]

HA! LMFAO!!!
anyone else notice that that rail would pass straight thru the car to where ur nuts would be sitting? Ouch

focus-kebab
This actually happens more than you might think.
Usually it's caused by penny pinching government not replacing the rails after a small collision just bends them. Unfortunately, those small bends and dings usually stress the joints. Then, even though the rail join overlap is in the direction of traffic flow, if the end is loose, and a vehicle hits just right, the already damaged rail collapses, and then the vehicle goes on to skewer itself on the next part of the railing, often with fatal consequences. :(

This is what happened to a friend of mine in the UK. Luckily for him, the engine got in the way of the rail, saving his life. The report on the accident slated the local 'council' for not maintaining the railings in that area. What should have been a glancing accident, with maybe a new fender and door, turned his car into a complete write-off :o
ZED_not_zee,Mar 6 2007, 07:21 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Mar 6 2007, 06:20 PM Wrote:I wonder how much he wants for the rear bumper cover?
[right][snapback]229121[/snapback][/right]

HA! LMFAO!!!
[right][snapback]229123[/snapback][/right]

Actually I wasn't kidding, my car has the Euro-facelift upgrades to all the car but the rear bumper cover. It's a really hard to get part as I have been told by almost all of my contacts in europe, and any place in europe selling replacement bumpers will not ship outside of the EU.