FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Is The Better Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a 2007 zx3 gfx and there's not dat much suspension kits to choose from.

i have 2 choises.

1 - Tokico’s hp serier shock and strut + eibach pro kit springs 1.6 drop
(more expensive and more difficult to find in montreal)

2 – ford racing shock and strut kit + ford racing spring kit 1.6 drop
(seems cheaper and lower quality)

what is the best setup.

thanks
pardonné moi pour mon anglais..... :rolleyes:

Honestly the ford racing kit will probly be better becasue the shock/struts are matched to the springs to work together....
I'm pretty sure Eibach makes a 2006+ suspension kit, if not two. Check with Mitch or check the Eibach website.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 4 2007, 01:15 PM Wrote:I'm pretty sure Eibach makes a 2006+ suspension kit, if not two. Check with Mitch or check the Eibach website.
[right][snapback]228924[/snapback][/right]

eibach only have springs kits for 2006+'s
if you can find a kit please let me know because i want it now :angry:
i whant the care to look nice this summer B)

how can i get in contact whit Mitch
As far as I know the 2000-2004 and 2005+ focus all share the same suspension setup since it's the same chassis.

The only differnece are for wagons which have different rear shocks.

All the suspensions available for the focus since day 1 should fit bolt-on.

En gros vérifie comme il faut car je metterais ma main au feu que TOUT les ensembles d'amortisseurs ET de ressorts pour la focus sont compatibles du fait quele chassis est le même.

En gros tu as beaucoup plus de choix que tu le crois.
Ghandi,Mar 12 2007, 08:42 AM Wrote:As far as I know  the 2000-2004 and 2005+ focus all share the same suspension setup since it's the same chassis.

The only differnece are for wagons which have different rear shocks.

All the suspensions available for the focus since day 1 should fit bolt-on.

En gros vérifie comme il faut car je metterais ma main au feu que TOUT les ensembles d'amortisseurs ET de ressorts pour la focus sont compatibles du fait quele chassis est le même.

En gros tu as beaucoup plus de choix que tu le crois.
[right][snapback]229922[/snapback][/right]

non, je suis sur que le setup du modele 2006 et 2007 ne sont pas les même que les autres années.

ford à décidé de changer les ''knucles'' sur les nouveaux modèles, dons la base des shocks n'est plus la même.
yea he's right the knucles area new design... mazda three parts might swap in did you try that angle?
The new redesigned knuckle is from the focus SVT, which uses all the same suspension components of every 2000/2004 focus.

All brake and suspension parts are interchangeable regardless of the year.
Ghandi

i sure hope your wrong, because i have a ford racing svt suspension kit.

i installed it on my 2003 focus and removed it when i brought it back

now i ordered a tokico suspension kit for my new 2007 focus because everyone else tells me that it doesn't fit.

Ghandi,Mar 14 2007, 11:07 AM Wrote:The new redesigned knuckle is from the focus SVT, which uses all the same suspension components of every 2000/2004 focus.

All brake and suspension parts are interchangeable regardless of the year.
[right][snapback]230482[/snapback][/right]

so your saying I can put 07 knuckles in my 00? I hope your right...
As far as brake upgrade goes, here's what I found a few weeks back in the 2007 Ford Racing catalog.

[Image: ea8dc56f.jpg]

A brand spankin new setup which clears the 15'' stock wheels. And the new redesigned 2005+ front knuckle is included.

I can't say for sure on this one but it looks hella close to the brake setup of a common ST focus found in North America.

Also you have the full SVT focus brake ungrade available with 300mm front rotor but the min. wheel size is 16 inches.

Allright, just to make sure I didn't mislead anyone. I found infos regarding the ''new'' suspension setup used in 2006+ focus.

Focaljet link

From 2000 to 2005 included, everything is identical.

2006+ got a few differences and they're NOT backward compatible.

In any case I want to excuse myself for any misinformations I may have said.

I stand corrected.