FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hi All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I almost forgot about this forum. Hows everyone, I have only about 47 pages to catch up on in new posts.

Anywho, beings its my birthda today, I had to figure out what to get myself, I do this every year, if you don't you should. My presents to myself are normally expensive, So this year I wasn't going to dissapoint. I have decided to try skydiving, looks like fun. Anyone tried it yet, how was it like. I found this company in Grand bend, that will give you your instructional class, and same day jump, weather permitting. And no tandum jumps, you are by yourself with a couple instructors. All for about $400. YOu might say thats expensive but I think its worth it.

If intersted LInkY
JUMp!!!!
Quick! Borg this into a HBD thread! :lol:

Happy Birthday Laidman! :beerchug:

My wife wants to go skydiving in a year or two as well. I'm going on the record to say that you're both nuts, but I'm only going to sleep with her. :P
WOW your being nice, I have been told I'm f***ing stupid for even thinking about it. Either way, its going to happen. Even if I have to go by myself. I;m ttrying to get people to go with me, but the its the $$ that keeps them from saying sure....
Happy birthday man :beerchug:

and thats an awesome self gift, would never catch me doing it but still awesome.
if you die can I have your car..?

hahah cheers man Happy Birth day! and gimme a call to hang out some time
Hey thanks man, I was wondering when you were going to join this forum. Long time no see hows things
Good luck there laidman, I'm not telling you what to do but I would never pay someone 400 bucks to let me jump out of their perfectly safe airplane to see "IF" the parashute some yokkal on the ground packed is going to work and bring me safely to the ground....I'll talke the plane for 400 please ALEX...(lol j/k)

Hope you have a blast and post soem pics of it if you can
laidman,Mar 4 2007, 09:48 PM Wrote:Hey thanks man, I was wondering when you were going to join this forum.  Long time no see hows things
[right][snapback]228955[/snapback][/right]

ahh good I converted those headlights you sold me into hid's soo it cost me $260 total for nice xenon glow!
very nice got some pics.......

hows the car running or is it????
laidman,Mar 5 2007, 05:28 AM Wrote:very nice got some pics.......

hows the car running or is it????
[right][snapback]228975[/snapback][/right]

ah no pics...

car runs great Ive done a lot of work to it since you've seen it... no dody work nor rims.. just performance
maybe we could set up some sort of windsor meet in the next month or 2, im sure we can get some of the london/chatham/st thomas guys to come down

I did the same thing for my birthday last year... brought myself skydiving.
It's frigging awesome!

However, I do advise you check with the company you're jumping with to see exactly what type of jump you're doing. For many companies, even if they give you the 8 hour instructor class, that only gives you permission to do a static line jump from 3000 feet. That being said, you'll jump out of the plane, and your chute will deploy right away... this means no free-falling. It's a great course to take if you want to go ahead and get jump certified, but if you want the thrill of jumping and free-falling, I highly recommend going Tandem. When I went, we went up to 11000 feet, and free fell for about a minute.

Also, I recommend getting the video footage. It's awesome to relive the experience every now and then, plus you get some great photos. I've got a forum topic on here somewhere about my skydiving experience if you were interested.

Oh and P.S. Happy birthday!!
Nic you suck. Do your job.

HBD brotha.
THis is what I will be doing

Clicky
meford4u,Mar 7 2007, 10:54 AM Wrote:Nic you suck.  Do your job.

HBD brotha.
[right][snapback]229220[/snapback][/right]

heeey heey heey check first
ZX5focused,Mar 5 2007, 02:45 PM Wrote:maybe we could set up some sort of windsor meet in the next month or 2, im sure we can get some of the london/chatham/st thomas guys to come down
[right][snapback]229009[/snapback][/right]

gah do we have to I'm kind of anti social... :D

I'd be cool with that....
OMG so I booked the day, May 5, training friday night, and the next morning. Jump after lunch. Yay.....

I will be posting the video as soon as I get back. I just get the next 5 weeks to spazz out about it.
less people die in skydiving accidents per year than automobile accidents.

sorry, don't have any stats on skydiving accidents involving automobiles
darkpuppet,Mar 24 2007, 01:35 PM Wrote:less people die in skydiving accidents per year than automobile accidents.

[right][snapback]231835[/snapback][/right]

Would a rollover where the car became airborne count as "skydiving"? If it does you've got at least one (me) :lol:

Seriously though, skydiving is as safe a sport as it gets when properly supervised...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 25 2007, 10:51 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 24 2007, 01:35 PM Wrote:less people die in skydiving accidents per year than automobile accidents.

[right][snapback]231835[/snapback][/right]

Would a rollover where the car became airborne count as "skydiving"? If it does you've got at least one (me) :lol:

Seriously though, skydiving is as safe a sport as it gets when properly supervised...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]231881[/snapback][/right]

You died? ... woah :| I'm totally seeing a ghost..

And re the skydiving, a buddy of mine does it a lot and apparently it's just unreal. Theres no feeling like it - and it's something everyone should try.. It's incredibly safe with very little accidents that are like, fatal or serious.. A sprained ankle on landing or something doesn't count ;) Good luck! and happy birthday d00d