FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Is Fuxored
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
going around the bend on, hit some black ice and lost it. swerved across both lanes 3 times and almost had it til it just cut right. jumped the curb and ended up in a buildings front lawn about 1 foot away from a pretty solid tree next to my door. was able to drive it into the parking lot and avoid any trouble, changed the tire and it wasnt driveable

damage:
2 tires toast- on still holding air but with a huge bulge
1 rim royally f***ed
at least one if not both front struts blown
both wheels massive toed out
both tie-rods probably shot
control arms couldnt tell
sway-bar endlinks busted

i dont even know what else...find out tomorrow hopefully if the shop can take a look at it.

im off to bed to get up in 3 hours and find out the damage :cry:
s*** that sucks! I admit, down here in Hamilton the roads were mostly clear, and it's very tempting to corner like it's summer. :D Hopefully you don't get raped on the bill.
Too bad he doesn't live near Hamilton...if he did, I'd suggest he take his car to Main West Firestone/ Bullas Automotive...the folks there REALLY know what they are doing when it comes to alignment work...
Ouch Lukas......this sucks ass..well u always know where to get at least one rim
Only the suspension took the hit? No body/unibody damage?

The pain is monetary, but you should be able to recover the car back to the way it was dude.
no clue yet
i have it at work (canadian tire) and they are gonna get it on the hoist today and ill take a look. i was there this morning and the two tierods are really bent.

as for unibody damage, i was hard to tell ill need to see it on the hoist

but no body damage

question is, do i need to report this as an accident? i hit nothing/no other vehicles. there were cars behind me but noone stopped. when i called CAA they asked if the damage was over $1000 because then they had to report it, i said no.
NikiterZTS,Mar 3 2007, 08:58 AM Wrote:Ouch Lukas......this sucks ass..well u always know where to get at least one rim
[right][snapback]228816[/snapback][/right]

you got PM
That sucks, dude. :(
Ouch, well at least you're okay... as to the car, you likely just buggered up the suspension but double check everything anyways.. esp. since you're gonna be replacing a bunch of components...

NefCanuck
Lucase gimmie a call I'll PM you my celll.... we'll take it to rotan figure out what it needs and fix it.. Ive replaced all the aformentioned parts on my car once or twice,,, so I'd be glad to help you out...

sorry for your misfortune.. that how I wrote off my poor ZTS... god I miss that car :(
Man that really sucks Lucas :( I hope everything works out for you, if theres anyway you need me to help out, let me know.

- Good thing your ok buddy, cars can be replaced, you cant.
update
damage may not be as bad as firts feared.

control arms are ok, tie rods are cooked, only 1 wheel damaged, end links need to be changed, sway bar may be slightly bent (ill worry about that later and maybe from a previous incident)

the thing i am most worried about is the rack in the power steering
Damn man that sucks.
laidman,Mar 4 2007, 09:02 AM Wrote:Damn man that sucks.
[right][snapback]228885[/snapback][/right]

ya its def gonna put a damper on my planned mods for this spring :(
theres a rack forsale on FJ ... and i'm pretty sure you can buy whatever parts you might need used from members here or on FJ to save alot of money

and no i wouldn't go through insurance at all ... you'll end up paying big time for it in the end
schade,Mar 4 2007, 12:02 PM Wrote:theres a rack forsale on FJ ... and i'm pretty sure you can buy whatever parts you might need used from members here or on FJ to save alot of money

and no i wouldn't go through insurance at all ... you'll end up paying big time for it in the end
[right][snapback]228904[/snapback][/right]

ya im gonna see whats going on when they hopefully drive it on tuesday.

as for reporting it, the cops havent come looking for the car that went in the lawn of that building so i think im safe. ill take the hit now on the wallet instead of paying for it for 3 years. i jsut got another speeding ticket on wed so they need no more s*** from to jack my rates as it is.

depending if i can get the parts in time, i may jsut have them lower the car while they are at i already have the springs, jsut need the struts/shocks. i think the sway bar is messed up so ill jsut get the eibach kit.
hey where did you do this at. Kind of curious
laidman,Mar 4 2007, 09:44 PM Wrote:hey where did you do this at.  Kind of curious
[right][snapback]228953[/snapback][/right]

Ouelette right in front of temppermans. the building i almost hit was the co-operators group
any tracks left by the car. I wanna go see your drunken escapade
laidman,Mar 4 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:any tracks left by the car.  I wanna go see your drunken escapade
[right][snapback]228958[/snapback][/right]

dude i was sober, i was only downtown to pick up a friend

and ya there is def tracks, tire marks across both lanes and chunks of dirt ripped out where i hit the curb and slid. you will also see the tracks across the lawn where i drove it out of sight
Pages: 1 2