FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Contour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i was on my way back from the gym and i found myself next to a svt contour of all cars

middle aged man, gives me the thumbs up

then punches it

there was noone around for like 500m

i downshift to 5th at 100kmh

he gets the jump off the go but i start pulling on him...

i then pass him and put bout 2 lenghts on him from 100 to 160kmh

nice car pretty rare!

nice guy

i think my mods are starting to pay off
So did he roll over or what? I dont get your topic? and what are you thinking driving 160 clicks in this weather?
my friend has an SVT contour and ran a tenth slower than me in the 1/4 mile but I'm sure it would school me on the high way!

I really love those cars I know four people with them here in windsor...
SVT countour should beat the SVT focus every time, stock for stock. Comes down to driver.
^^yea don't they have 200hp to flywheel stock?
lol The SVT contour has problems all of its own. From what ive always heared there garbage.
Highburry ford had one here in london they wont 9 grand for it.
Mason,Mar 2 2007, 09:15 AM Wrote:lol The SVT contour has problems all of its own. From what ive always heared there garbage.
Highburry ford had one here in london they wont 9 grand for it.
[right][snapback]228709[/snapback][/right]

What have you heard?
I heard the head cracks on them. When it cracks you get one free one, then after that its out of your own pocket.
paolo,Mar 1 2007, 11:37 PM Wrote:So did he roll over or what? I dont get your topic? and what are you thinking driving 160 clicks in this weather?
[right][snapback]228690[/snapback][/right]

A roll refering to the fact that we were not stopped on the highway. hence tires rolling....

160kmh it was -2 out maybe.. no snow, no rain, dry roads, straight strip.

i saw no prob besides the ovious of getting pulled over
Cool! Always nice to meet/see another SVT owner as they are not very common on the Praries. I think there are only 1 or 2 SVT Contours in Winnpeg. Can't be that many more in SK. I've only seen one once. From what I read they were pretty close in the 1/4 mile to the SVTF, with only .2 or .3 sec difference between them. Obviously they would have the advantage from a dead stop due to the torque of the V6. There was always debates on this on SVTOA.com about which was better or faster (CSVT or SVTF).
SVT ZX3,Mar 2 2007, 10:57 AM Wrote:Cool! Always nice to meet/see another SVT owner as they are not very common on the Praries. I think there are only 1 or 2 SVT Contours in Winnpeg. Can't be that many more in SK. I've only seen one once. From what I read they were pretty close in the 1/4 mile to the SVTF, with only .2 or .3 sec difference between them. Obviously they would have the advantage from a dead stop due to the torque of the V6. There was always debates on this on SVTOA.com about which was better or faster (CSVT or SVTF).
[right][snapback]228724[/snapback][/right]

I think my bolt-ons might of helped me edge him out 2
there are a couple of CSVTs out in Sask that I've seen.

02_svt_guy, what do you have done for modes, cause I really doubt an intake and coilpack would have him beat.
^^^its the short shifter :lol:
Theres like 2 ive seen in new brunswick so far but im pretty sure they were both up by bathurst .
ZTWSquared has/had one. They're nice cars, I had a good look at his last summer when he bought my old 5-spoke rims.

Nice roll. They're definitely 200BHP, so with a competent driver it could pose a problem. The extra cog for the Focus couldn't hurt though.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 2 2007, 09:38 PM Wrote:ZTWSquared has/had one. They're nice cars, I had a good look at his last summer when he bought my old 5-spoke rims.

Nice roll. They're definitely 200BHP, so with a competent driver it could pose a problem. The extra cog for the Focus couldn't hurt though.
[right][snapback]228785[/snapback][/right]

i've seen his in person....and it was regular not svt.....unless he had contours
Yeah, all he had was an exhaust, and intake I believe. SVT Contours are great looking cars, but I have only heard of issues with the regular Contours/Mystique's and not the SVT counterparts.
just for some stat on the SVTC, there where some changes intake manifold in 99 which uped the power.

'98 to '98.5 have 195HP and 165 lbs/ft, '99 to 2000 have 200HP and 169 lbs/ft. its also has a 4.06 to 1 final drive. SVTF final drive is 2.88 to 1 in 5th gear.

I think the guy was just playing around with you out on the highway.
I think the SVT Conti woulda had you on the highway too...think he was sandbaggin it...
i dunno guys he went but 1 thing i didnt mention though is it was auto.

i guess ill find out how fast i am this summer when i take it to the track but im sure im gonna put down a 15.1 - 15.3
Pages: 1 2