FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Panic!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, while driving in the snow, after the car sitting for a couple of hours, I pulled out and noticed the ABS light was on as well as the Brake light. However, there was no loss of brakes or no emergency brakes being stuck. I turned the car off and it all went away. Did this ever happen to anyone else?
Often after driving in slushy weather , when you park the car ( most of time with the parking brake on ) the brakes are warm and when it cools down the slush freezes and can lock the brake mechanism ( spelling ). Most of the time it will go away as the car start moving.Maybe it's not your problem but it's a possibility.
ya you have snow build up, should go away after a bit of driving, if not take the car to a spray and wash and soak the wheels, wheel wells, brakes and suspension

edit: WOOT 1800 posts!!!
:lol:
Could also just be a computer glitch. Happens with some of the lights in my car and I know others on here have had similar problems.

When it starts doing it every time you start the car warm or cold then you have somthing to worry about.

My Airbag light comes on once in a while when its super cold. Wait 10 min with the car running, turn off, turn on and gone. :ph34r:
I'm gonna say its prolly just snow build up.

As for warning lights, if they go away after a restart of the car, prolly not something to worry about, atleast i don't. If the light stays on, then i'd be worrying.
most likely your wheel sensors getting gunked up.. happened a couple times with my advance-trac equipped car..

but the combination of those lights could mean a lot of things, like low fluid, loss of pressure, wheel sensors, etc.

if it went away, chalk it up to a temporarily defunct wheel sensor, or a chronic skidding condition..and not sure about the year of your car, but it may also have thought one of your tires was low.
Stop driving through huge water puddles and causing big splashes.
Let it sit in door for a couple hours and see how it go.
Thanks for all the advice. It has gone away today, so I'm going to chalk it up to snow and ice build up. ........... okay, and maybe a few too many puddles. Thanks gentlemen