FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fitness Check-in : Month 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well,

Month 2 has come and gone in the Great New Year's Weight Challenge™.

Looks like I win month 2 with a net loss of 9.8 lbs in Feb. Just slightly above the 2lb/week I'm aiming for, and a grand total of 29lbs since Jan 8.

Weight training is going well.. slowly building strength... can't tell if I'm putting on muscle mass considering the rapid weightloss.

Only 3 more months to go...

god I miss beer n' wings

How's everyone else's fitness plans going?
Nice work Steve! The fact you've got a reasonable weight loss goal and that you're sticking to it is more than most folks.

I was sort of sidelined with a bout of bursitis in my right knee after some particularly vigorous slashes playing ball hockey at 22 Wing early in the month. I kept at it, though and largely the pain is gone and so is most of the sitffness.

I can now run and play ball hockey for 2 hours, pretty much solid (especially this Monday just gone by) without major breaks. That's a full collegiate-sized gym as the "rink".

Weights are good... I've just incremented another 5lbs per hand for curls and I'm up to 3 sets of 10 reps @ 140 lbs for benching, 65lbs (70 next week) per hand for bench flyes, 360-450 lbs for calf raises and somewhere beyond 450 lbs for leg press (600+ for a max set of 3-4). The rest is all just developing what I don't normally use much - lats, obliques... generally adding 10lbs per month if I can do 3 sets of 10 reps with minimal to moderate effort.

It looks like I'll be getting into a summer hockey league, but only if I get my vacation time in too.
Decided to try and change my weights routine around a bit and going for more reps at lower weights for the arms.

So far it seems to be eliminating the serious soreness I was feeling in my back and according to the chiropracter, less strain on my spine from trying to move weights that were too much for me to move smoothly near the end of the session.

Also changing up what programs I'm using on the eliptical trainer during my cardio days. That's more for boredom than anything else :D

NefCanuck
well so far for me I have sadly cut back on going to the gym, so I'm going 2-3 times a week now, because my schedule is a bit more filled, but I have been eating right and really watching what I have been eating, and I still managed to loose 3lbs this month, and over all I have noticed that my upper body is less flabby and my arms are really showing the muscles, as well as in the legs.

I'm really proud of myself, but I have to go to the doctor as my personal trainer did some routeen checking of my bloud pressure and heart rate and she said it was a little high, but well down from when I started back in dec.
Fell off the fitness wagon alltogether after newyears...been too busy with work and being in the field, also having a lot of issues with vehicles and whatnot. I am going to get back into it FULL BORE as soon as I get the truck back, and start going to the gym pretty well every night again, and give'er on the health rider at home for cardio.

When the weather gets better here again, I'm going to start riding my bike everywhere (2006 KHS Alite 2000, bought it new last year, and only rode it 6-8 times) and use it to get around town, rather than drive everywhere. I would be happy to get under 200lbs, or at least stay at 200lbs with muscle mass and less fat.
Went to Florida. Ate everything and anything. Drank beer. Ate wings. Played golf.

Lost 3 pounds.

You hate me don't ya.
meford4u,Mar 7 2007, 11:02 AM Wrote:Went to Florida.  Ate everything and anything.  Drank beer.  Ate wings.  Played golf.

Lost 3 pounds.

You hate me don't ya.
[right][snapback]229223[/snapback][/right]

If you were riding around in a golf cart while playing too? Oh hell yeah :P

Glad to see you enjoyed Florida while we froze our bits off up here :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 7 2007, 12:56 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 7 2007, 11:02 AM Wrote:Went to Florida.  Ate everything and anything.  Drank beer.  Ate wings.  Played golf.

Lost 3 pounds.

You hate me don't ya.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]229252[/snapback][/right]
You can't walk while golfing in Florida, drinking beer and relaxing. :D
meford4u,Mar 7 2007, 05:49 PM Wrote:

Lost 3 pounds.

You hate me don't ya.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]229280[/snapback][/right]

So you were engaged in a little "drinking & driving" eh? :lol:

What were the course conditions like down there anyways? Decent enough I gather :huh:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 7 2007, 06:51 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 7 2007, 05:49 PM Wrote:

Lost 3 pounds.

You hate me don't ya.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]229280[/snapback][/right]

So you were engaged in a little "drinking & driving" eh? :lol:

What were the course conditions like down there anyways? Decent enough I gather :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]229283[/snapback][/right]
They weren't Angus Glen but it was shorts and beer weather. :D