FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zx3 Weight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really don't feel like un barring my car in the pile of snow its in and check the weight of the ZX3 Focus 2000-2003 model anyone no off hand?
2630 lbs. for the ZX3

2699 lbs for the ZX5
CanadaSVT,Feb 28 2007, 07:54 AM Wrote:2630 lbs. for the ZX3

2699 lbs for the ZX5
[right][snapback]228438[/snapback][/right]

Not enuf some days lol

why you need to know the weight ?
im looking 2 buy a small Suv most likly a V6 and i wanna make sure it has enough towing capcity with a trailer
TRAILER QUEEN :fag:

:P
ZX3_2NV,Mar 1 2007, 12:45 AM Wrote:im looking 2 buy a small Suv most likly a V6 and i wanna make sure it has enough towing capcity with a trailer
[right][snapback]228570[/snapback][/right]

Do you have a rough estimate of the trailer weight that you want to tow? That will go a long way to determining which of the "small" V6 equipped SUV's you should be looking at, since some of them can tow almost squat in comparision to others.

Also in addition to the weight of the trailer, you'd also have to consider how much weight will be *in* the vehicle itself, that also takes away from the towing capacity in most cases.

NefCanuck
ZX3_2NV,Mar 1 2007, 12:45 AM Wrote:im looking 2 buy a small Suv most likly a V6 and i wanna make sure it has enough towing capcity with a trailer
[right][snapback]228570[/snapback][/right]

uh huh...are u makin ir focus track only type of a thing?
you can pick up an older f series pick up with a V6 fairly chaep thatl have enough,,, or maybe an aerostar XLT with the 4L v6? and a trailer hitch? dunno if your looking for any style or not...
no no not a trailer queen just not reliable i'll most likely break something at the track and since i want a suv might as well trailer it and im not 100% sure if ill put it on insurance this summer might be a lil expensive for 2 vehicles

and im looking at the ford escape or jeep wrangler unlimited for new vehicles used prob an explorer so we'll c how it goes if i dun get a full trailer ill just get a dolly and drag the rear wheels
find an explorer with a 5.0L in it.
I used to have an '85 F150 with a 300ci in-line and I used to tow my buddy's Open Wheel Modified to MOSPORT every weekend. I never had any problems with not enough power. The mileage wasn't the greatest but it got the job done.

Good luck with your search.