FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Extended The Warranty To 7/120
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we bought the new Focus last November, we decided that our first new vehicle should last us for 7 years and be paid off in 5 or less. The second part is easy but the first part required a bit of planning.

Friday, I extended the warranty to 7 years / 120,000 KMs. Now I'm completely not worried about a darn thing as far as the car is concerned.

I'm also re-considering an intake and might just go with exhaust / rims and tires.

I can appreciate everyone's apparent need to "upgrade" to a "better" car for whatever reason but for reasons that are entirely my own... I have no reason to buy a better car than the Focus.

Now let's just hope the paint cooperates for longer on this one. <_< Having said that, I'm feeling even more "cleaniness Nazi" about it and likely wouldn't hesitate to have parts re-sprayed.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 26 2007, 11:35 AM Wrote:I can appreciate everyone's apparent need to "upgrade" to a "better" car for whatever reason but for reasons that are entirely my own... I have no reason to buy a better car than the Focus.
[right][snapback]228195[/snapback][/right]

I remember when you were defending your SPi to death. :lol:
I still do... but I had no appetite for repairing what needed to be done plus making monthly payments for another 2 years.

Had it proved less troublesome near the end of last year, I would have grumbled but kept it.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 26 2007, 10:35 AM Wrote:When we bought the new Focus last November, we decided that our first new vehicle should last us for 7 years and be paid off in 5 or less. The second part is easy but the first part required a bit of planning.

Friday, I extended the warranty to 7 years / 120,000 KMs. Now I'm completely not worried about a darn thing as far as the car is concerned.
[right][snapback]228195[/snapback][/right]

Question, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the 7/120? I went all the way with the 7/150 "everything covered but consumables" warranty and I'm curiouss to see what the price difference was...

NefCanuck
I think it was 1330 after taxes.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 26 2007, 10:38 PM Wrote:I think it was 1330 after taxes.
[right][snapback]228308[/snapback][/right]

Holy hell :blink: I sure paid a premium for that extra 30K then ($2,100)

NefCanuck
Actually now that you mention it, I got the extra care... not the premium care. If my seats or mirrors go, I'll just pay for the new ones. The chance of that happening didn't warrant the extra 400 I would have spent on the premium care 7/120 warranty. Then again, I think I can upgrade if my conscience starts yammering. :)
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 26 2007, 11:26 PM Wrote:Actually now that you mention it, I got the extra care... not the premium care. If my seats or mirrors go, I'll just pay for the new ones. The chance of that happening didn't warrant the extra 400 I would have spent on the premium care 7/120 warranty. Then again, I think I can upgrade if my conscience starts yammering. :)
[right][snapback]228313[/snapback][/right]

Ah, I thought something was really different. I just didn't want any surprises if say my seat heaters went (god forbid :D) or worse yet the duplicate audio controls take a dump :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Power windows / door locks / remote entry are covered in extra care, so that's all that really concerns me... right now :ph34r: