FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Good Flying....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scorpion,Feb 25 2007, 11:39 PM Wrote:Copter touchdown
[right][snapback]228165[/snapback][/right]
While one part of me says "wow, that was close" (I wonder if it was intentional to be that close or not), the pilot in me is PO's that the pilot would be that insanely irresponsible to fly that kind of manouever that close to a crowd. Anything could happen -- a kid run out, a gust of wind, and it's CuisineArt time for a crapload of spectators.

Ranks up there with street racing in my books. :angry:
I don't think he intended to touch the ground.. because he did touch it kind of hard...

I've been up with hydro surveying pilots, and it's a scary/sickening ride, but they in no way would ever fly that close to civilians... trees, yes, people, no...
I've flown NOE (nap of the earth) a few times in helicopters and in planes. You could literally stick your feet off the landing gear and touch the treetops, you have to climb to clear some trees and small hills but anytime there is a populated area of any kind the nutjob pilots I've done that with have put a minimum 2-300 ft deck, bare minimum. It doesn't take long going 100+ mph at such low level to get royally f'd up in your bearings. What if he'd been off in that last second or two a degree or two of pitch or yaw and dug a hole with his one skid instead of both touching fairly in time with eachother? Like Sparky said, Cuisinart time...