FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Header Kit , Rt Hiflow Cat & Flex Install !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm finishing grinding the welds off tonight and I may drop it to be coated this week end , the guy said 2 weeks before I get it back.. :(

For sure I will post pics. of the new shinny header... :P
dBlast,Mar 14 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Mar 14 2007, 09:38 AM Wrote:are you running JRSC?
[right][snapback]230466[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but I wish I had more boost. I could upgrade to the Big Boost Kit which gives you a smaller SC pulley, bigger belt, bigger injectors (already have), SVT MAF, SVT air box and snorkel and a reflash of your ECU (but I already have a SCT chip providing FI tuning.) I might be able to get it done piecemeal but the tuning might put it over the BBK cost.

It's alright for a daily driver so I might just leave it.
[right][snapback]230469[/snapback][/right]

do you think it's worth to get JRSC? i mean i see them selling on FF.com from like $1600 to $2200... it's def not as good as PW but i mean money wize
NikiterZTS,Mar 14 2007, 11:42 AM Wrote:
dBlast,Mar 14 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Mar 14 2007, 09:38 AM Wrote:are you running JRSC?
[right][snapback]230466[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but I wish I had more boost. I could upgrade to the Big Boost Kit which gives you a smaller SC pulley, bigger belt, bigger injectors (already have), SVT MAF, SVT air box and snorkel and a reflash of your ECU (but I already have a SCT chip providing FI tuning.) I might be able to get it done piecemeal but the tuning might put it over the BBK cost.

It's alright for a daily driver so I might just leave it.
[right][snapback]230469[/snapback][/right]

do you think it's worth to get JRSC? i mean i see them selling on FF.com from like $1600 to $2200... it's def not as good as PW but i mean money wize
[right][snapback]230477[/snapback][/right]

For those prices, id say so. Your not going to get 50-55whp for $1600 any other way. ;)

Then like dblast has already said...you can go with the BBK and push some more...not sure exactly how much more, think it was in the 190whp range??? i could be wrong though.
yes Flo, i believe they stand somewhere around 175 to 190whp
Nik, you shoulda bought the VF kit. What hurts the jackson so much is no intercooler. Its a solid unit for what its worth, but its the worst out of the boost options available right now. 5 years ago however was a different story...
All welds have been removed... :)

[Image: 152463.jpg]

[Image: 152466.jpg]

[Image: 152464.jpg]

I'll try to drop it off for coating before the week end...
hardk0re,Mar 14 2007, 11:31 AM Wrote:Nik, you shoulda bought the VF kit.  What hurts the jackson so much is no intercooler.  Its a solid unit for what its worth, but its the worst out of the boost options available right now.  5 years ago however was a different story...
[right][snapback]230484[/snapback][/right]

meeh i know but i wanna buy a hatch with low milege (pref. '02-'04)....or put newere engine in this one (which i doubt is gonna happene unless i get some extra help in install)....thats why i still haven't put cams and cam gears on mine.....i don't wanna go inside the engine knowing it has so many KM on it
NikiterZTS,Mar 15 2007, 01:47 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Mar 14 2007, 11:31 AM Wrote:Nik, you shoulda bought the VF kit.  What hurts the jackson so much is no intercooler.  Its a solid unit for what its worth, but its the worst out of the boost options available right now.  5 years ago however was a different story...
[right][snapback]230484[/snapback][/right]

meeh i know but i wanna buy a hatch with low milege (pref. '02-'04)....or put newere engine in this one (which i doubt is gonna happene unless i get some extra help in install)....thats why i still haven't put cams and cam gears on mine.....i don't wanna go inside the engine knowing it has so many KM on it
[right][snapback]230555[/snapback][/right]

how many km's does ur car have, i would say drop the cams and cam gears in and boost it, if it blows get a built zetec and run 20psi.
lol
haha
i love how u say it just like that......i can't play around it with it and blow engines up.....it is a daily driver (plus i still need to find the other engine)
mine's got 194XXX and still pulls strong but you just never know and but that big number makes me to not to keep on modding it

if i'd put cams and cam gears i think i have to change valve springs on it

any help would be appreciated as i need more info about this ASAP
Nic your more than welcome to chill at my place for a week-end, and we can swap a newer engine in for you. I've done it twice and very confident I could do a full swap in less than a day, and it helps that I've got all the necessary tools.

I would expect you to pay for the beer though.
when my engine blows i'll need some pointers :)
Nate that would be awesome....but then again....how am i gonna deliver that engine to your place? (speical mail??) cuz i doubt that someone would wanna drive their pick up truck with zetec in the trunk.......unless ofcourse u can find a nice engine up in ottawa for a nice price (i know they go for like $700 or so)
it would be nice to port it too (im not too sure, i think its $300 to $400)

i've been kind of looking into parts latly
if we go this rout....i wanna get some parts..which are:

Focus Racing st.2 cams ($170 i think..on sale)
Focus Centrel cam gears ($150.US on sale)
2000K ported intake minifold ($80)
Clutch Masters Aluminum Flywheel ($399.95)
and i was thinking maybe some clutch like Spec
oh yea and beer is on me
and then maybe later on Xcal2 or if i can pick one one for a good price
its not gonna be cheap i know

will the weekend be enough?

any thoughts?
i think that the flywheel is a waist of money, just get the stock one resurfaced for like 40$, if your going the boost route you need the fly wheel to be heavier.
kamilk69,Mar 15 2007, 11:38 AM Wrote:i think that the flywheel is a waist of money, just get the stock one resurfaced for like 40$, if your going the boost route you need the fly wheel to be heavier.
[right][snapback]230649[/snapback][/right]

what exectly is doing resurfacing the flywheel? wieght reduction?
We used a 92 civic hatch to bring the engine from the junkers to my place. It isnt exactly a big v8 here...

I can get them for cheaper than that Nic, I could probable swing something like $500 under 60 000k, with 6 month warranty. I can ask to take away warranty and get a cheaper price to.

for the camshafts and cams, Im pretty sure your gonna need some sort of dyno tune to get those dialed in, no?

I would agree with kamilk...we can just get your stock one resurfaced and put in a stage 1 or 2 spec clutch...Are you going with boost? Cuz you wanna get the right grind for your cams to, and if you are Id recommend a min stage 2 or 3 spec clutch for the job.

I figure a day to do remove & re-install. Intake manifolds, cams, those sort of bolt ons will take no time once the engine is out. Porting and that kind of stuff, you need a week to do...shops here in Ottawa for that kind of stuff are pretty booked. I know to port and polish my stock zetec head is $800 with new valves and hardware. And the guy does AMAZING work.
NikiterZTS,Mar 15 2007, 12:42 PM Wrote:
kamilk69,Mar 15 2007, 11:38 AM Wrote:i think that the flywheel is a waist of money, just get the stock one resurfaced for like 40$, if your going the boost route you need the fly wheel to be heavier.
[right][snapback]230649[/snapback][/right]

what exectly is doing resurfacing the flywheel? wieght reduction?
[right][snapback]230650[/snapback][/right]

you need to resurface or install new when replacing the clutch to make sure you have a smooth surface for your clutch disc to settle & grab properly.
Flofocus,Mar 15 2007, 11:49 AM Wrote:We used a 92 civic hatch to bring the engine from the junkers to my place.  It isnt exactly a big v8 here...

I can get them for cheaper than that Nic, I could probable swing something like $500 under 60 000k, with 6 month warranty.  I can ask to take away warranty and get a cheaper price to.

for the camshafts and cams, Im pretty sure your gonna need some sort of dyno tune to get those dialed in, no?

I would agree with kamilk...we can just get your stock one resurfaced and put in a stage 1 or 2 spec clutch...Are you going with boost?  Cuz you wanna get the right grind for your cams to, and if you are Id recommend a min stage 2 or 3 spec clutch for the job.

I figure a day to do remove & re-install.  Intake manifolds, cams, those sort of bolt ons will take no time once the engine is out.  Porting and that kind of stuff, you need a week to do...shops here in Ottawa for that kind of stuff are pretty booked.  I know to port and polish my stock zetec head is $800 with new valves and hardware.  And the guy does AMAZING work.
[right][snapback]230651[/snapback][/right]

prob no turbo...at least my money say no since this swap is going

so lets say we have:

Zetec Engine with mtx75 (no warranty) (i guess around $400-$450 CAD)
Focus Racing st.2 cams ($180 U.S. on sale)
Focus Centrel cam gears ($150 US. on sale)
2000K ported intake minifold ($80 U.S.)
Reserfacing Flywheel ($40)
Clutch Spec stage 2( $350 U.S. + ??)
Porting head wih all the hardware ($800 CAD) :(

right now = $2050 plus shipping for all parts i say another $400 or so ~ $2500
what can I say...gotta pay to play man. B)
Looks like my thread got Hijacked by the moderators.... :P

:blink:
mpcv2000,Mar 15 2007, 03:06 PM Wrote:Looks like my thread got Hijacked by the moderators.... :P 

:blink:
[right][snapback]230678[/snapback][/right]

...again :lol:

Sorry, back on topic :angry: :angry: :angry:
Pages: 1 2 3 4