FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hi Everybody!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I would check in and see how everyone in Focus land is doing. Anybody still drive a focus or is this a community of older members who have moved on but still chat from time to time.

My garage has been changing again, I've had a pretty good last 6 months so I bought myself a new toy. It's currently down in Orlando at Titan having some work completed on it. Should be pretty quick when I get it back in April or May. I rolled my Envoy Denali into a ditch trying to avoid a lady who had crossed into my lane and then was kind enough not to stop. Lucky for me the car that was behind me saw the entire thing called 911 and followed her. I've got lingering head and back issues but feel fine most of the time. Suggestion to everyone don't roll a truck into a ditch at 80KPH it's not fun. I replaced it with an MKX which is ok I guess Kristin drives it most days because I'm still not cleared for driving yet. My Tib is still my winter car still on it's built motor boosting away as happy as can be but will be gone by summer. My G35 is hidden away for the winter it will probably be replaced with a convertible this summer. Hmm what else well the wedding is 230 something days away and consuming money faster than my Supra.

On that note, I hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Simon

** Edit guess I should change that sig. **
haha.. glad to hear from ya man!

I moved on to the mustang crowd... it's just a v6, but it's a convertible, and even a slow convertible is fun...
[Image: NiagaraCruise2006001-1.jpg]
so it's just gonna be the one car until I get a proper house - which may be a while.

other than that, 25lbs down this year alone (nearly 50lbs the last couple years in total) and still going strong.

And still working like a lame sonofabitch.

i need to start my own biz

and added a 1937 CCM to my stable...
[Image: IMG_3127.jpg]
btw.... there's still lots of folks on here that have focuses and could benefit from your experiences.

And some of us old fogeys still hang out because the couches are comfortable.
hey, good to hear from ya!

Post some pics of the rides...

Right now Im using the winter car...a 88 bmw 325ix. Pretty sweet car for what it is.

The focus is still on its 2nd engine and running strong. Looking to forge the block, but 'house mods' are getting in the way. :lol:
darkpuppet,Feb 22 2007, 12:47 PM Wrote:btw.... there's still lots of folks on here that have focuses and could benefit from your experiences.

And some of us old fogeys still hang out because the couches are comfortable.
[right][snapback]227785[/snapback][/right]

Thanks I appreciate that. I have very little time at the moment to be active but I plan on stopping by from time to time. As for starting your own Biz Steve trust me it's the only way you can work longer hours for less money with less security. The risks are massive but then so are the profits. I've lost HUGE amounts of money in the past few years more than some people will ever make but then again I've won some big ones as well.

I like the Mustang I had one as a rental in Colorado last year, took it over independence pass to Aspen. Got one hell of a sun burn but it was worth it.
Flofocus,Feb 22 2007, 12:51 PM Wrote:hey, good to hear from ya!

Right now Im using the winter car...a 88 bmw 325ix.  Pretty sweet car for what it is.

The focus is still on its 2nd engine and running strong.  Looking to forge the block, but 'house mods' are getting in the way. :lol:
[right][snapback]227786[/snapback][/right]

I'll post some up when I get to my hotel tonight, I'm flight to Seattle right now. Thats not a bad winter ride what happened to the Subaru? If your boosted and only have gone though one motor so far then your doing pretty well glad your still in it! How is the house going? It's lots of fun eh but ohh so expensive. I'm planning on looking for another house after the wedding and turning our current place into a rental, I need more space!
Euro Ford Fan,Feb 22 2007, 12:55 PM Wrote:

Right now Im using the winter car...a 88 bmw 325ix.  Pretty sweet car for what it is.

The focus is still on its 2nd engine and running strong.  Looking to forge the block, but 'house mods' are getting in the way. :lol:

I'll post some up when I get to my hotel tonight, I'm flight to Seattle right now. Thats not a bad winter ride what happened to the Subaru? If your boosted and only have gone though one motor so far then your doing pretty well glad your still in it! How is the house going? It's lots of fun eh but ohh so expensive. I'm planning on looking for another house after the wedding and turning our current place into a rental, I need more space!
[right][snapback]227790[/snapback][/right]

looks like ur doing very well by reading about your cars
keep going strong and good luck to u
Right on man! Supras are wicked rides!

We sold our 2001 Sedan and moved into a 2007 ZX5 hatch. God I love it... freaking loaded and even more fun to drive than the last one.

It sucks to hear you took that ditch... but did the chick get busted for failing to share the road? I hope you recover without a lot of leftover baggage.
Good to hear from you, yeah I rolled my Olds back in the day, it's never fun when you get that weightless feeling while you still have both hands on the steering wheel :ph34r: Physiotherapy can help to some degree, but once something like that happens, its gonna linger sadly :(

Stop by when you can, as DP mentioned, experience is always welcomed (I learn by either doing or listening to others ;))

NefCanuck
Euro Ford Fan,Feb 22 2007, 01:55 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]227790[/snapback][/right]

sold the suby, and bought the bmw. The house stuff is going really good, going to have a home inspector come in before the 1st years tarion warranty is up to make sure everything is good. We put up the fence for the dogs, nice white cedar fence, looks really good. Finishing the laminate flooring install probably next month. Getting sick of the carpet that came with the house, but wasnt willing to pay the builder to put in what I wanted. :lol: Next is the deck off the second level going to the walkout basement entrance.

Were also trying to save up for a new car to replace the Accord...but she wants a ring 1st,..and yayadadadadadada :rolleyes: :P :lol:
LOL get her the ring first but make sure she knows she won't get a new car for a while. Our wedding is getting pretty expensive not excessive yet but we are a long way past our budget amount and still haven't booked the honeymoon.

I put up a fence last year for Cooper and have been working on my man cave down stairs. I got all the drywall up build the bar and the floor is coming in early March. I have so little time to work on it I've had to start paying people to help but at least it will get done.

Here is my Dog Cooper, now 13 months old. As you can see he loves the snow.

[Image: Cooper_Snow_10.JPG]
[Image: Cooper_Snow_4.JPG]
[Image: Cooper_Snow_6.JPG]
Yeah they do love the snow heh. A family down the street have the same breed and he's always chillin on the roof of his dog house, even when its snowing like crazy!
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 22 2007, 01:47 PM Wrote:Right on man! Supras are wicked rides!

We sold our 2001 Sedan and moved into a 2007 ZX5 hatch. God I love it... freaking loaded and even more fun to drive than the last one.

It sucks to hear you took that ditch... but did the chick get busted for failing to share the road? I hope you recover without a lot of leftover baggage.
[right][snapback]227805[/snapback][/right]

Thanks I've always wanted a Supra I love the sound they make! LOL I've hardly driven it so far maybe 40 miles. I bought it from a friend in New York city it was just what I was looking for. At the moment it's got no rear wing and it's really growing on me that way. I'm not looking for a monster just a quick car that is strong out of the hole but can still be driven in city traffic or on a summer cruise.

I'm having issues with blacking out I took a hell of hit on the head from the first roll and the airbag blew out at me while I was coming down so that didn't help. I hope to be able to drive again this summer but at the moment I have no license my doctor took that from me.

The lady got some BS failure to stay in her own lane ticket but I'm looking into suing her for a hole stack of things at the moment.
Euro Ford Fan,Feb 22 2007, 02:44 PM Wrote:I'm having issues with blacking out I took a hell of hit on the head from the first roll and the airbag blew out at me while I was coming down so that didn't help.  I hope to be able to drive again this summer but at the moment I have no license my doctor took that from me.

The lady got some BS failure to stay in her own lane ticket but I'm looking into suing her for a hole stack of things at the moment.
[right][snapback]227821[/snapback][/right]

So the airbag didn't pop on the first roll for you either? :huh: Because that's exactly what happened in my case:

airborne WHAM airborne WHAM Hello Mike Tyson (airbag)

Luckily I didn't move around in the seat all that much... Credit there goes to teh soft couch like seating, once you sat down on those seats you stayed there :ph34r:

Hope that the ticket she got sticks. In my case, the clown that lost the ladder only got a "driving with an unsafe load" ticket and even that got dropped as they couldn't prove the case (at least that's what my lawyer told me... I was mad enough to eat coal and s**t out diamonds when I heard that :angry: )

NefCanuck
Glad to hear you alive.

And some are still here being a PITA.

And some are seliing their Focus'.

After a long discussion with the boy this week, I think he may be joining the group that is selling their Focus' and moving on.

And what does he want to replace it with? A Supra.
Good to hear from you 'Old Chap. Glad to see things in your life are working out. You are one of those guys I met through this forum that made me think to myself: "If I had known this guy growing up, we would have been great friends" Sounds cheezy but its true. Keep us posted on all your endeavors. B)

-P@
^^^Ditto!

:lol:
lordkingod,Feb 22 2007, 09:34 PM Wrote:Good to hear from you 'Old Chap. Glad to see things in your life are working out. You are one of those guys I met through this forum that made me think to myself: "If I had known this guy growing up, we would have been great friends" Sounds cheezy but its true. Keep us posted on all your endeavors.  B)

-P@
[right][snapback]227854[/snapback][/right]

Ahhh thanks man. It's amazing how easy it is to meet great people when you something to talk about. The Focus community certainly proved that.
meford4u,Feb 22 2007, 08:00 PM Wrote:Glad to hear you alive.

After a long discussion with the boy this week, I think he may be joining the group that is selling their Focus' and moving on. 

And what does he want to replace it with?  A Supra.
[right][snapback]227846[/snapback][/right]

Still here being a PITA in this place never! :lol:

One work of advice on the Supra is Big. Big insurance, big heat, big $$$ and big hurt if it all goes wrong. I hope that I have the skills to manage this car but I'll be taking it very slow and to more than one driving school before I open the taps all the way.
meford4u,Feb 22 2007, 09:00 PM Wrote:Glad to hear you alive.

And what does he want to replace it with?  A Supra.
[right][snapback]227846[/snapback][/right]

My only hope is that the interior of the boy's supra doesn't end up like the interior of the focus.
Pages: 1 2