FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Snow Pwns Me..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
man.. poor choice trying to drive to work this morning...

I started off sitting in traffic laughing at the truck in front of me that could drive straight on the slush... hahahahaha...

[Image: DSC00008.jpg]

and just enjoyed the falling snow ...

[Image: DSC00009.jpg]

but the moment I turned onto Avenue road.. it all changed. Surely, the traction control would help me up the hill, right?

wrong.. the truck started up the 1st hill at a 45 degree angle and continued up the hill at the awkward angle.

the moment I tried starting up the hill from a stop, I found myself basking in the warm glow of the traction control light as my car began it's 45 degree angle slide up the hill.. If I tried to ease out, the car would stop sliding, but the moment you applied any gas, it would resume it's slide at an even steeper angle.

that was hill one.. hell, I don't have to work from work.. I can just as easily do it from home...

so I Tokyo Drifted at 3km/h around the block and returned home to work from here...

total commute time: 52 minutes.
distance travelled: 3km

but it sure do look purdy with all that snow...

[Image: DSC00012.jpg]
So does TC work?
ANTHONYD,Feb 22 2007, 10:33 AM Wrote:So does TC work?
[right][snapback]227757[/snapback][/right]

I'd say, in this weather, with the stock rubber... no
Perhaps a Focus would have helped?
Ouch... Yeah my boss emailed in, apparently in Ajax they have thunder & lightining to go along with the insane amounts of snowfall :ph34r:

I can say that yes, a Focus with TC & winter rated rubber had no problems dealing with the crap falling outta the sky ;)

NefCanuck
(Of course that doesn't account for the idiot in the towtruck this morning who turned to the right in front of me trying to get to an accident scene... Thank you ABS :blink: :ph34r: :angry: )
Yeah it always aint fun driving forever to get a short distance in a snow storm
Come to North Bay! We're getting even more than that... and I need someone to bump into to tell me where the end of my driveway is. :ph34r:

Days like today make me glad that the company car is a Subaru Impreza.
Yeah.. it's not so much the snow, as it is the slush layer that builds up.. it's quite slick.

It wasn't so bad when I left my place, but you can see in the last pic.. I'm on a major throughfare, there's that heavy, wet snow..
Blizzacks throtle and left foot breaking = poor mans TC and ABS lol that 's how I roll...
none here yet
yea i almost did a 180 this morning on the way to work....went sideways on another lane ...thank God there was no up commin traffic at that time...i would of so smoked some one head to head colission.....didn't go off the road though cuz of my e-brake skillZzz :)

very close call though..that spare tire is a REAL no good even at the back
Flofocus,Feb 22 2007, 12:09 PM Wrote:none here yet
[right][snapback]227776[/snapback][/right]

I hate snow, i so had spring fever yesterday!
I'm looking forward to the drive up Airport hill tonight after work to get to the Base for a workout. That'll be a nice test of the Pirellis and TCS.

Anyone who has driven up Airport Drive hill in the winter here will know what I am talking about. Same for Thibeault Hill.
Don't feel so bad this morning I passed a couple of Bimmers and Mercs that couldn't go up Eglinton Av eastbound passed Bathurst.

Laterz :)
Pfffft, just a little sprinkle....is Toronto gonna call out the army again 'cause its snowing again ;)
SVT ZX3,Feb 22 2007, 04:33 PM Wrote:Pfffft, just a little sprinkle....is Toronto gonna call out the army again 'cause its snowing again ;)
[right][snapback]227825[/snapback][/right]

don't look at me... I didn't call the army.

I'm usually pretty proud of my winter driving expertise, coming from the way north...

however, the heavy, wet stuff is a different beast altogether. Had I headed out an hour earlier, or a couple hours later, there wouldn't have been any snow to worry about.
SVT ZX3,Feb 22 2007, 08:33 PM Wrote:Pfffft, just a little sprinkle....is Toronto gonna call out the army again 'cause its snowing again ;)
[right][snapback]227825[/snapback][/right]

thats getting old...
Try driving those same conditions with the GT...55 series tires, 320 ft lbs, and nowhere will it go... :P

Actually, in all honesty, I think the TCS works awesome on the GT, and the Pirelli P-Zero's put up a very good fight with the white stuff too. Only time I got stuck (when I was driving the car in the snow), was in my OWN driveway to my housing phase. I had to disable the TCS, and do a lot of drifting and whatnot at higher rpm to dig out of about 4 inches of snow...something the ZX3 scoffed at with the Blizzaks.

At least when I get the truck back, even as a RWD V8 auto, it tracks and digs around in the deep snow quite well...thanks to 75 series tires on 15" rims...lol...

that is only a sprinkling of snow you got there, but the slush makes it a worse to drive in.

other than that I'm not saying a thing.
I don't know how I did it but I booked today and tomorrow off 2 weeks ago. I was very happy to see the surprise snow fall this morning. Woke, looked at the snow out the window, went back to bed.
Pages: 1 2