FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Xenon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know if the EUROLITE Eenon lights are legal to use in ontario?
tippmann,Feb 22 2007, 05:16 AM Wrote:does anyone know if the EUROLITE Eenon lights are legal to use in ontario?
[right][snapback]227719[/snapback][/right]
got a pair n they both burnt out in less than a month
They are halogen lights, but using xenon in their name as a marketing ploy. Nothing in the ontario highway traffic act states its illegal with changing your light bulbs to different brands.
I heard that the bright lights always blow out within a month or two.
TOTAL JUNK!!!

goto Canadin tire and get an oem replacement,,, or upgrade the entire system... I know thats expensive but your just waisting your cash on a ricy fad that has no performance benifit and is a total PITA,,,,

I've used every brand of bulb.. PIA reactive, APC, mad JDM knock off two for one golden tiger, and silverstar, with un satisfactorie results,, If I would have taken all that money i spent on bulbs and just bought Xenon hid's in the frist place I would have been better off!
ahh ok..thanks...i got a set for $20 but nowhere on the packaging did it say street legal so i just wanted to make sure. i guess i will put them on for now tho till they blow i guess...

thanks agian
Yeah, even Silverstars don't last in 00-04 Foci...I went through a pair EVERY month in the winter time. That's what happens with lights with an overdriven ballast and small element...
mine burnt in 2 months :)
i guess thats the price i pay..if its a cheap price it probably won't last to long...oh well lesson learned i guess.

atleast it will look alright for a few months
Hmmm.. I've been using Eurolite in my projectors for 6 months with no issues yet. (Now, having said that....)

But you can buy DOT approved Eurolites. Can't comment on the length of life tho.

I had to get these, beacuse these are the only H9's I could find in the area.

Damn Hella's. <_<
As long as a bulb is the legal 55 / 65 W's, it is street legal. Besides, you don't want to buy those 100 / 110 W bulbs anyway because they'll melt your pigtails and harnesses after a while.

Eurolites and Silverstars don't last all that long, a few months or so. I've spent the extra money and bought PIAA's and they'll last for years. They are expensive, but they are brighter and will last as long or longer than OEM bulbs. :)
05-BLACK-ZX5,Feb 26 2007 Wrote:As long as a bulb is the legal 55 / 65 W's, it is street legal.  Besides, you don't want to buy those 100 / 110 W bulbs anyway because they'll melt your pigtails and harnesses after a while.

Eurolites and Silverstars don't last all that long, a few months or so.  I've spent the extra money and bought PIAA's and they'll last for years.  They are expensive, but they are brighter and will last as long or longer than OEM bulbs.  :)
[right][snapback]228184[/snapback][/right]

Ya I had issue with my piaas... BUT I think it was becasue of excess vibration and shock to the entire housing.. IE Id'dn't put the screws in the bottom of the asembly... pure lazyness... piaa gurantees there bulbs for a rally stage so there gonna last a while on the streets no?
i dont know why you gusy are having a problem finding H9's. My crappy tire in ROCKLAND has em. If they have em, every other CT must...
Flofocus,Feb 26 2007, 01:09 PM Wrote:i dont know why you gusy are having a problem finding H9's.  My crappy tire in ROCKLAND has em.  If they have em, every other CT must...
[right][snapback]228205[/snapback][/right]

I've tried both in Newmarket and Aurora.
No dice here.

I have silverstars at the present time been bout 3 months no issues yet.(knock on wood)

but my next will be piaa's 4 sure. or maybe hid's well see how my wallet is.
02_svt_guy,Feb 26 2007, 08:21 PM Wrote:I have silverstars at the present time been bout 3 months no issues yet.(knock on wood)

but my next will be piaa's 4 sure. or maybe hid's well see how my wallet is.
[right][snapback]228271[/snapback][/right]

I dunno whats a set of piaa bulbs worth these days $80 plus tax?

I bougt my HID's second hand but not used for $200... and here a set of h4's of the same make go for about 260 shipped? (second hand info) but I also converted my ebay halo projectors to fit the bulbs... who woulda thought there reflectors are aluminum! perfect for heat