FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Naz Drives A Carrera Gt (pics + Vids)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://nicknaz.blogspot.com/2007/02/porsche-gt.html

you can click around the blog for more pics of sf area if you are curious

my camera sucks sorry, i wasn't expecting any hard driving in the mountains, thought it was going to be once around the block kind of thing. the vids don't do the exhaust note justice.. it is pure aural adrenaline in real life. intoxicating sound of big bore v8 + race replica sportbike rolled into one.. with vicious acceleration to match.

the car trying to follow is a boxster s.
the most beutifull car on the planet.....
wow
lucky you
what a nice car and color

did that other Porsh catch up?
NikiterZTS,Feb 21 2007, 08:19 AM Wrote:Porsh
[right][snapback]227608[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
your one lucky f***in bastard. That is all.
Gotta love California! Amazing Porsche. Stayed at Sausalito many times, great roads and views. Unfortunately I was drivnig sis's Mercury Mystake at the time.
Going out to SD and driving up to SF next July. Unfortunately it looks like all the Shelby GT's will are booked.
BTW, you are one lucky bastard! B)
life changing experience

ive had the luxury of sitting copilot in 1. amazing machine!
Wow!!! You lucky SOB! I was watching Dream Car Garage and they had a segment where they did a few laps around the track in a black Carrera GT, as nice as the car looks I have to agree/say the sound of the exhaust/engine being aggresively driven is one of the most seductive I have ever heard in my life.
Living near Mosport, I've seen two Porsche Carrera Gt's. One was parked, the other motoring along on a local road. Stopped and looked at the one parked with one of my kids. He was 19 at the time. He said he could die after seing that car, and he would go happy. But, to drive one, man, you've got to be disappointed in anything else after that. Consider yourself a very lucky man.
sweet ride, Hey Naz one question

Were you driving from SJ to Santa Cruz? I forgot the highway number but I have driven there couple of times and its a sweet drive.

Man I miss Cali :(
thats awesome man, im heading out to cali in sept to visit some fam, they have 2 cars i want a ride in, a race spec viper srt 10 and a turbocharged Srt-10 ram :D
dad,Feb 21 2007, 07:19 AM Wrote:the most beutifull car on the planet.....
[right][snapback]227607[/snapback][/right]

After the Aston Martin DB9 or V12 Vanquish...Muuuuwaaahhaaahaaa
Btw Naz, you are a lucky bugger...

Best I can do, was the drive and ride I had in an 86 RUF Turbo...Canary yellow body, matching rims with polish lips, oversize intercooler, 500hp at the wheels...first and only time I'll ever see 300km's/hr in an 80 zone I think...

Congrats man B)
oldeguy,Feb 21 2007, 04:05 PM Wrote:But, to drive one, man, you've got to be disappointed in anything else after that.
[right][snapback]227632[/snapback][/right]

it was definitely hard to get out of that thing (both literally and figuratively) but no, i'm not disappointed when i get back into my own car

i honestly have a great time driving any car that has just 'fundamental chassis goodness' sorry i don't have the tech to explain it better but as long as the car does what i want without me feeling like i have to fight it and i can predict how it is going to behave when i push it hard, i'm having a good time.

another thing is that i dont feel like i am such a good driver than i am maxing out my wagon so i don't feel limited.

on a random note, pretty much everything i've driven since i sold my integra has been rear or all wheel drive.. i don't know if i can ever go back to front wheel drive. i feel like i am able to lay into the throttle way sooner exiting a corner.. i haven't driven a fwd car with a lsd though.. anyone here wanna comment?

and mo. i was in the palo alto area at the time.

you guys should all move to ca. it rocks here for enthusiasts (other than 91 octane, but whatever)

Congrats on such a lucky day. I'm envious, man. :)

One of my top 5 favourite cars on the planet.
naz,Feb 22 2007, 12:43 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Feb 21 2007, 04:05 PM Wrote:But, to drive one, man, you've got to be disappointed in anything else after that.
[right][snapback]227632[/snapback][/right]
i feel like i am able to lay into the throttle way sooner exiting a corner.. i haven't driven a fwd car with a lsd though.. anyone here wanna comment?
[right][snapback]227723[/snapback][/right]

meh, I have to deal with 94 oct :P

Since I've put my lsd in, I have been able to stomp on the gas earlier coming out of corners. I wasnt able to attend any Solo events since my tranny got built, so I can't say how much earlier until I can really try it. One thing for sure, the car feels much more 'planted' with agressive driving.

Still doesnt beat AWD though.
Flofocus,Feb 22 2007, 01:31 PM Wrote:Still doesnt beat AWD though.
[right][snapback]227747[/snapback][/right]

i actually don't like awd that much. maybe it is because my car doesn't have enough power to really need it. i am kinda feeling like it makes the car heavier and sucks out way too much power (ie my car is a dog on the highway) i spent some time with a E36 m3 and i think i am sold on rwd, lsd and gigantic rear tires.
if you are not "sure" about all wheel drive spend some time in an Audi S4 .... I was(am) a huge fan of the M3 but since many test drives of both I am a total convert....when we are done with the Benz it will be an S4