FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 1st Post, Hello All...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there... I posted this on focusfanatics and now here on the canadian site... :]

Been lurking a bit and decided to post. Looks like a good bunch and forum

Bought a 2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3 SE. This is my first ford and first brand new car. I'm 6'1" and 250pds and I fit! Its pretty comfortable for what it is. Most impressive to me is the engine, brakes and handling. It handles good for a 17000 car. Back roads driving is fun again. Its not quite broke in but if i need to pull away on the highway it does it pretty well. I'm getting on average 500-550kms a tank of fuel with mixed city and highway driving. My girlfriend just got a 2007 Pontiac Vibe, its pretty much loaded. But the 2.0 Duratech walks all over it *snicker*

The amount of mods for it is impressive as well. My mods wont go to as far as some of you... but I'm looking at tires and suspension. These are more important to me then the engine. Id like a little body stuff as well. Nothing over the top, just enough for people to know its more custom.

Things I'm not impressed with. That i didn't notice till later. The car is not entirely painted. This got right under my skin. You can tell it was painted with the doors on. There are numerous points over the whole car where you can see no coverage. No you cant see bare metal, but it is not yellow either.
I also have the Duratech hard start issue I've read about here. Pretty annoying when a brand new car cranks like theres no fire. These are the only two major issues I see.

Its going to the dealer tomorrow and Im told the body shop will deal with the paint issues. The hard start issue I Haven't mentioned yet... will tomorrow. Talk to you all later!

well...welcome to the site and i hope we can all help you out in whatever issues you need to ask us about :hi:
Welcome to the Hoard...errr board!
Welcome! I'm sure Bryan (meford4u) could help ya with those paint issues, he works in the Oakville Assembly Plant's paint area. :)
euro_zx5,Feb 19 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:Welcome! I'm sure Bryan (meford4u) could help ya with those paint issues, he works in the Oakville Assembly Plant's paint area. :)
[right][snapback]227420[/snapback][/right]

Well if it came from there... he needs to repaint it... haha.
Welcome aboard

You don't mention but I'm guessing you have a manual tranny, because the hard start when cold condition is a known issue to Ford on the Focus, I believe they will reflash your ECU but that's the only "fix" they have ATM.

NefCanuck
Welcome to the nuthouse!

Bring on the questions! :)

I'll tell you for starters, you're limited for suspension at the moment. Since it was changed up for 2006+ models, not much is available. Off the top of my head, Eibach should have something for you.

Tires... there is a thread floating around with everyone's opinions on what they've used.
I dont know if it happens in the warm heh heh...

But yea its 5speed.
blah blah blah and o ya welcome
scotiacustom,Feb 19 2007, 08:12 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Feb 19 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:Welcome! I'm sure Bryan (meford4u) could help ya with those paint issues, he works in the Oakville Assembly Plant's paint area. :)
[right][snapback]227420[/snapback][/right]

Well if it came from there... he needs to repaint it... haha.
[right][snapback]227423[/snapback][/right]
I didn't paint it.......the mexicans did.

And welcome. If it looks green, then your probably seeing ecoat.
welcome to the site, glad to see another Yellow Focus owner on here, keep in mind though the 2007 Focus Yellow is different then the 00-06 models.

oh and BTW, you can go a many of ways with the focus, most common is European, Keep in mind as a fellow yellow focus owner Black is your friend when it comes to accents and mod's to the Exterior.

my foci.

[Image: 000_0262.jpg]

[Image: 000_0257.jpg]
The hard start issue was supposed to be cleaned up with a new ECU tune - i.e. none of the 2007s were supposed to be affected. But some are. Have a chat with your service advisor. They'll double hop-to if you haven't filled out the new car survey yet from Ford.

The suspension changes have already been mentioned, but they're significant. Buyer beware when buying parts from the uneducated / those who don't give a s*** about the Focus.

You have a lot of options with the 2007 Focus, and the major notables include Marcy Motorsports (back from the dead it seems), Cosworth, Focus Sport, Roush and Ford Racing. There are others (F2, K+N, etc) that offer limited upgrades. Make sure you do your homework first. Eibach and Ford Racing make suspension kits. Others (like Steeda) just resell some kits and brand them as their own.

Personally, by April, I'll have the Cosworth CAI (cold air intake) and the MBRP 2.25" stainless steel cat-back exhaust (for the second time LOL).

Good luck with the new ride. If memory serves, you'll want a rear anti-sway for that suspension to compliment the front one. It'll tighten it up some more, flatten out the body roll a bit and render the car a little more neutral at the limit.
Thanks for the welcome and replies everyone.

meford4u: It looks grey to me. There is a lot of missed spots so im not impressed. I didnt make it to the dealer today but i was told they would take care of it. They will not be able to do it all without some disassembly which i doubt they will do.

Ill let yas know what happens.
Welcome to the board!
:hi: to the board! Happy modding, and usually a few mods moves on to many more lmao!
Welcome aboard everyone is very helpful here
scotiacustom,Feb 20 2007, 12:05 AM Wrote:Thanks for the welcome and replies everyone.

meford4u:  It looks grey to me.  There is a lot of missed spots so im not impressed.  I didnt make it to the dealer today but i was told they would take care of it.  They will not be able to do it all without some disassembly which i doubt they will do.

Ill let yas know what happens.
[right][snapback]227466[/snapback][/right]
it's ecoat. And not a quick fix. Good luck. Hope they have a good painter that can blend.
Thanks. Ya i highly doubt the car will ever see full paint coverage. Ill try and get a couple pics of it for fun.

Its going to them tomorrow. On the up side i get an 07 f1504x4 to drive while they have it :)
scotiacustom,Feb 20 2007, 05:55 PM Wrote:On the up side i get an 07 f1504x4 to drive while they have it :)
[right][snapback]227556[/snapback][/right]

thats ok Meford can give you his B)
Hey dosn't TEIN have a full kit for the new for the o6??? also try SPAX and HnR?

Also Welcome... lol I'm newer than you but just sayin hey! good on ya.. start with suspension... make the car be able to handle ALL the power... then add more power!

also if your going to get new suspension.. DON'T cheap out I waited for like two yrs to save up and it was worth it.. you'll hate yourself for trowing away cash on on cheap components,,, that sag wear out and have poor ridequality/drivabiity

Pages: 1 2