FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lift Ring Reverse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has any one eles had any issues finding a lift ring reverse shift knob that fits. Basicly the one that came with the car isnt in the best shape. IE paint is chipping off in a few different places.

I took it apart and had a look and it does not look that complicated to remove the lift ring feature.

Any ideas?

Just remove the reverse lock out and go buy any shift knob you want.

Or if for some reason you wanna keep the reverse lock out, check out focussport they've got some that will fit.
http://focussport.com/shiftknobs.htm
just sand it down? no one had any issues with that?
We're talking about the little thing that sits under the shift lever and you have to pull up to get into reverse correct?

If thats the case the whole thing can be removed, don't bother sanding it down.
Ya. From my understanding of how I looked at it. There is a plasic sleeve that the boot is tied on to, that sleeve goes down and just sit free except in reverse. Where there is a small peg that stops you. I thought just removing that peg.

You can remove the whole plastic sleeve? what does the boot tie on to if you do that?
Ya just remove the whole sleeve. For the boot just put a new zip tie in the top of it and zip tie it to the shifter.
tie on to what part?
Just zip tie it to the shifter itself. The metal part that the shift know screws onto.
[Image: rpg-7-launcher.gif]

Just use one of these... much easier.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 18 2007, 11:15 PM Wrote:[Image: rpg-7-launcher.gif]

Just use one of these... much easier.
[right][snapback]227331[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I wish. Shoot the old lady we all get stuck behind doing 30 in a 60.

Ill take it apart and have a look tomarrow
I got a knob from a 2002 Cougar that keeps the reverse lock-out, it looks the same as the 2003+ black rubber knobs except that it's leather with the silver shift pattern.

You can easily remove the whole plastic collar though, you just need to zip-tie the boot to the actually shifter. If you want more details, look for a how-to for installing a short shifter since you have to reattach the boot to the new shifter anyway.
guilty,Feb 21 2007, 05:51 PM Wrote:I got a knob from a 2002 Cougar that keeps the reverse lock-out, it looks the same as the 2003+ black rubber knobs except that it's leather with the silver shift pattern.

You can easily remove the whole plastic collar though, you just need to zip-tie the boot to the actually shifter.  If you want more details, look for a how-to for installing a short shifter since you have to reattach the boot to the new shifter anyway.
[right][snapback]227668[/snapback][/right]

well Im thinking I wanna do the shifter boot, Ebreak boot and the shift knob all at the same time. But im not seeing anything im super impressed with.
Ive gone though Ekeystone and looked at everything my store can get but nothing special.

Somthing liek this maybe but Im not totally sure I like the yellow... I think it might be a little much.
ebay
Not sure I understand you question but I have be driving without the reverse lock "tube" the last 4yrs.
The question was that I basicly wanna remove it so I can change shift knobs and not have to use life ring. Aparently I can do that but Now I wanna know where I can get some new boots to.
I would like to do all 3 at the same time and save myself some effort