FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What To Do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well guys..time has come for me 2 decide weather i want to keep my foci. I just got an offer from a buddy of mine today that i think i might just take up. I might be trading in the ol' girl for a 2001 Honda Prelude. Now i know alot of you are gonna say that i'm prob gonna rice it out, but, if i get this, i think i'm gonna be done with modding. At least for a while till the thing is paid off. But anyways, just wanted to ask a few of you's what your opinion was on this issue..I'm not gonna say how much i'll be getting for the foci, or what i'll be paying for this car, other than it's gonna be a pretty good deal.
You always say you won't mod it. Trust me. I said the same thing about the 07.

A Prelude's a nice ride. Is it worth it to trade in the Focus? Not in my world. If you're getting a good deal, keep the Focus as a daily driver and do fun things with the Prelude. As it comes with ~195HP if memory serves you'll make a lot more power with it easier than the Focus.

You can mod it nicely without ricing it, the same as the Focus. But, you'll have less chance of resisting the urge to mod. :)

What influenced this decision, or made you look at getting into something else in the first place?

For me, I've had 2nd thoughts about selling mine, and buying the Mustang lately. The guy that bought it was at my house again today to grab some things I told him I'd give him that belonged to the car, and whatnot. He's been by a few times now, and I can say that it was honestly hard for me to see the car, hear the exhaust burbling, and watch it drive up the street after he left. I should have kept it, and kept modding, and bought a 2nd one as a daily driver.

Is a Lude what you REALLY want? I thought I really wanted a new mustang, but lately, I've not been so sure.

L8tz
those are nice cars

good stock power as well.....trade it
reason for this is just that the foci isn't seeming to produce enough power for me, also because it's an auto and i'm looking for standard car (that's just a few reasons) and the other main reason is resale value.. My foci is a 2001 and the miles are starting to show (107k) and i'm just thinking of the future, am i gonna get as good of a deal as this then?
I got $6500 for my car without the rims, and without the stereo...that was based on buying the Mustang THAT day. Everywhere else wanted to give me $3000-$3500 for my car with everything done to it. I know what you mean about wanting to part with your car before you're asked to "Grab your ankles" so to speak. I know that your average Foci sells for LESS money than a 10 year old Honda these days, and you're interested in selling while it's still worth something.

If the Lude you are looking at has the 195ish hp you mentioned, then it must have the H22 engine in it...Be a Prelude SR...Those cars were supposed to be the quickest ones in the Honda stable below the NSX...

Hope you have good luck with your deal...
I will say this about the 2001 Honda Prelude, your thinking about and this goes for all Honda products with the 5 speeds, when they get to be 5 years or older they tend to be heavaly abused, formerly modded in most cases, and you really have to question how well did the owner really take care of it outside of just verbal words.
Just FYI... at "wholesale" pricing because my odometer couldn't be substantiated :rolleyes: I still got just under $5Gs for the sedan.
I just traded my Focus in for a Fusion and the dealer gave me around $9000 for my 02 SE Sedan, i was shocked at how much the dealer was willing to give just to get you to buy a newer car. it was surprising. And worked to my advantage lol
^^what was your KM on it?
Oh yeah, I screwed up...it wouldn't be an SR...it'd be a Type-SH...200hp...some of the JDM or Wings west body kits and whatnot look good on them. Actually, if I were to ever buy a Honda (not likely of course), it'd be a Silver or Black Type SH Lude...
this is my middle eastern buddy's Prelude with SR-V engine with one of his "ride together" buddys Nissan
that blue paint job cost him alone 3Gz :blink:
(the car is for sale for $7500 with stock engine that has 200k on it, runs great)
[Image: ishams_prelude.jpg]
NikiterZTS,Feb 18 2007, 03:49 PM Wrote:^^what was your KM on it?
[right][snapback]227285[/snapback][/right]

My Focus had 63,000km on it...not much but enough
Frost__2001,Feb 18 2007, 01:32 AM Wrote:I will say this about the 2001 Honda Prelude, your thinking about and this goes for all Honda products with the 5 speeds, when they get to be 5 years or older they tend to be heavaly abused, formerly modded in most cases, and you really have to question how well did the owner really take care of it outside of just verbal words.
[right][snapback]227273[/snapback][/right]

yea, this car is the SH model and i have known all 3 of the owners, and they have all babied this car. THe first one had it for around 65k, the second one had it for 11k before his car got repo'd due to loss of his job, which is when my buddy picked it up at the auto auction. But now to talk about the fun stuff with this car. It has been port and polished, is running skunk 2 cams, has a complete mugen exhaust, tokiko suspension and is lowered about an inch and a half and has both front and back strut bars and will be coming with summer and winter rubber. So i really don't know, it's just something I know i will be kicking myself in the keister for if i dont' take up this offer.
please post some pics of it

p.s in about 3 months or so my focus is gonna hit 200k....what kind of re-sale on that? :(
should hopefully be getting some this week.
Well lets see some pics when you get them.

Weren't you just talking about bagging the focus a lil while ago? Sounds like you need to figure out what you want out of your car and go from there. The honda has some more go fast potential, but the focus if bagged would definately be more unique than the prelude.
habmann,Feb 18 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:Well lets see some pics when you get them.

Weren't you just talking about bagging the focus a lil while ago? Sounds like you need to figure out what you want out of your car and go from there. The honda has some more go fast potential, but the focus if bagged would definately be more unique than the prelude.
[right][snapback]227302[/snapback][/right]

lol...your right hab, i was planning on bagging the foci..but the way i'm looking is that i'm gonna spend more money into my car if i keep putting new toys into it, so i just want a car that i'm gonnna drive and still look good without having to mod
Being also in the boat of considering a new vehicle this year, i've come the realization that no matter what i buy i'll prolly end up modding it. Toying with my car has become a hobby that i'm not gonna be giving up any time soon. My hat is off to you tho if you can buy another car that has tons of modding potential and leave it stock.
ok..update in, i'm not getting rid of the foci...got more info on a few things involving the foci which i'm gonna be keeping under wraps for a lil while, and which also braught me to realize i love my little car :)
Pages: 1 2