FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suzuki Vitara Detailed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before pics...This thing had major swirl marks on it. As you can see below :ph34r: Bird s*** that probably wasnt washed for for over a month. I even had a really hard time getting it off with the clay bar....

[Image: IMG_2531.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2533.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2534.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2545.jpg]

50/50 Shot...

[Image: IMG_2539.jpg]

After

[Image: IMG_2548.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2549.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2551.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2555.jpg]
Awsome work man. Great job.
Whop dee do.

I did the black Lincoln this weekend and had major swirl marks from the car wash and bird s*** stained in the hood.

Also had a large scratch near the gas door.

You don't see my pics do ya.

Why?

Because it's no big deal.
If I decide to put the car in @ Performance World next year Flo I am so heading out your way to give my car a going over before it gets put on display...

NefCanuck
what do you charge for something like this?
This was the Paint Correction package, which is $400. Check the link in my sig for other pics.

I'm in the Ottawa area though. Should probably say that somewhere on my site. lol.

Dan - No problem at all! :D
Did you detail your subi like that yet?

And that bird took a nice dump on that suv. Don't know how people can drive like that for months.
NikiterZTS,Nov 11 2009, 10:54 PM Wrote:Did you detail your subi like that yet?
[right][snapback]297219[/snapback][/right]

Not yet, and it needs it bad. The last 2 week-ends I wanted to get it done, but had some last minute requests....and well...I dont get paid doing my own. :)

I want to paint the inside of my lights black too...so maybe I'll get that done this month. For sure before any serious salt starts hitting the roads. I'll post pics once I do though...

Quote:And that bird took a nice dump on that suv. Don't know how people can drive like that for months.

No s***...that stuff bonds to the paint...I have a rag in the trunk just to get rid of it when I park at work. :angry:
Care to list what was used?
started off with a good acid wash, then claybar, then a bug & tar remover...

Then I worked the paint with wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover with a yellow cutting pad. Then wolfgang finishing glaze with a orange cutting pad. Then 2 coats of Collonite Wax by hand.
Flofocus,Nov 12 2009, 09:39 AM Wrote:started off with a good acid wash, then claybar, then a bug & tar remover...

Then I worked the paint with wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover with a yellow cutting pad.  Then wolfgang finishing glaze with a orange cutting pad.  Then 2 coats of Collonite Wax by hand.
[right][snapback]297241[/snapback][/right]

how many hours does this take?
This one took me 2 days, about 6-8 hours a day...depends how much beer I drink. :lol:
Shouldn't Nate be sponsoring the site if he is advertsing a service with a link to an external site.
Did you need a step stool to reach the fenders? :lol:

looks good dude!
ZX3_2NV,Nov 12 2009, 01:11 PM Wrote:Shouldn't Nate be sponsoring the site if he is advertsing a service with a link to an external site.
[right][snapback]297250[/snapback][/right]

r u serious? Funny, you didnt have a problem with any of this when asking my advice in the other detail threads I put up. :rolleyes:

Quote:Did you need a step stool to reach the fenders?

Stupid question.....Yes, I did. :P
Flofocus,Nov 12 2009, 10:39 AM Wrote:started off with a good acid wash, then claybar, then a bug & tar remover...

Then I worked the paint with wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover with a yellow cutting pad.  Then wolfgang finishing glaze with a orange cutting pad.  Then 2 coats of Collonite Wax by hand.
[right][snapback]297241[/snapback][/right]

DA or rotary? What brand of pad?
Same as always! Porter cable with Lakewood pads.
PS, this truck is from the GTA, he only went through those 10 minute car washes ...you kow the ones with 10 guys washing your car. Probably the same bucket of sand-water for all cars...all day....

Stay away from those if you like swirl free paint. :lol:
Flofocus,Nov 12 2009, 03:32 PM Wrote:Same as always! Porter cable with Lakewood pads.
[right][snapback]297260[/snapback][/right]

Gotta get me a PC. Rona on Innes has them for a half decent price.
zomg $400 :blink: then again it looks like a new paintjob lol.
Pages: 1 2