FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Go Leafs Go!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

02SVTSEDAN

Toronto 58 28 22 8 64
Montreal 59 29 24 6 64

My...My...My how the tables have turned - Just had to rub it in on all you Habs fans!
GO LEAFS GO! :P
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby!!!

hopefully this year we atleast make the playoffs
wait a sec, your excited that the Leafs have tied with Montreal and the NY Islanders in the standings, and there are still like 20 some games to play in the season.
And the really sad part is that this is the first time this year that they're close. Which means Montreal was ahead the other 60 games.

:rolleyes:
An old one but still applies....

Toronto Court Case

"Toronto Court Ruling"
from the Globe and Mail Newspaper Toronto,Canada (AP)

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a Toronto
courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling
over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the
judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with
the child custody law and regulations requiring that family
unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy
surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat
him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live
with her.

When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents,
the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering
the remainder of the immediate family and learning that
domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them,
the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to
propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with
child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody
to the Toronto Maple Leafs, whom the boy firmly believes are
not capable of beating anyone.
I should be happy that the Leafs and Habs are tied in the standings... except its for eighth place :ph34r:

I mean they're celebrating the last cup win in '67 on Saturday.... WTF? You're celebrating 40 years of being such a screwed up team that you've never made the Stanley Cup Finals since, NVM had the cup in hand :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Personally, I think Dave Keon put a hex on the Leafs ala "curse of the bambino" that haunted the Red Sox. Now that he's coming to the 67' Reunion, the spell will be broken. :lol: :D :lol:
ZTWsugardaddy,Feb 17 2007, 03:26 AM Wrote:Personally, I think Dave Keon put a hex on the Leafs ala "curse of the bambino" that haunted the Red Sox.  Now that he's coming to the 67' Reunion, the spell will be broken.  :lol:  :D  :lol:
[right][snapback]227211[/snapback][/right]

:P

Yeah right, until the "Brain Trust" at MLSE actually gets a brain and hires people to run the hockey operation that know what they're doing and then leave them the hell alone the Leafs can sacrifice nuble young female virgins every year, ain't gonna help them :ph34r:

Only person right now in that organization with any clue is Maurice and he's hamstrung by what he's given, which ain't all that much <_<

NefCanuck
Go Leafs GO! :P

02ztsian

Beating the Oilers wasn't much of a feat, considering their recent struggles. Sorry but the Oil will be missing the playoffs this year. Sundin pots two, Keon's old number does the same, looks like we are starting to make a push.
Being tied for the last playoff spot isnt exactly something to be proud of. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed the rookie goalie for Montreal can keep up yesterdays performance. Without their #1 goalie, I dont think Montreal will make the playoffs this year. Frig, Huet is the only reason the team is where they are today.
Ottawa - 59 34 22 3 71pts

nuf said.

p.s. no playoff jokes please
I love Ottawa Fans. Such hope...
Flofocus,Feb 19 2007, 10:35 AM Wrote:I love Ottawa Fans.  Such hope...
[right][snapback]227359[/snapback][/right]

You can't take that away from them.

More hope than they know what to do with.

So much talent wasted.
02ztsian,Feb 18 2007, 11:08 AM Wrote:Beating the Oilers wasn't much of a feat, considering their recent struggles. Sorry but the Oil will be missing the playoffs this year.
That's what you all said last year, and then they made the playoffs. Then you all said the Wings will destroy them in the first round....well we do remember where the Oilers finished last year.
Maybe in the year 2351 the Oilers will have a big party celebrating 40 years without the cup? :lol:
5. Ottawa 71
6. Atlanta 69
7. Carolina 67
8. Toronto 66
9. Montreal 66
10. NY Islanders 64
11. NY Rangers 63

C'mon now, we all know Ottawa will at least make the playoffs fur sure, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said about Toronto....

LEAFS SUCK!!! :P
ANTHONYD,Feb 19 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 19 2007, 10:35 AM Wrote:I love Ottawa Fans.  Such hope...
[right][snapback]227359[/snapback][/right]

You can't take that away from them.

More hope than they know what to do with.

So much talent wasted.
[right][snapback]227360[/snapback][/right]

Hey, you can say the same about us Leafs fans too (except for the "more talent than they know what to do with part" Toronto MarLeafs anyone? :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
SVT ZX3,Feb 19 2007, 11:08 AM Wrote:5. Ottawa          71 
6. Atlanta          69 
7. Carolina        67 
8. Toronto        66 
9. Montreal        66 
10. NY Islanders 64 
11. NY Rangers  63 

C'mon now, we all know Ottawa will at least make the playoffs fur sure, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said about Toronto....

LEAFS SUCK!!! :P
[right][snapback]227365[/snapback][/right]

Dont get me wrong i hate the leafs and am a hardcore sens fan but the east is a really close anyone can make the playoffs all they need is a little streak/luck
That clanking sound is the Sens' playoff drive grinding to a halt. :D :P