FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Goodbye...for Now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, or should I be saying goodbye?

Well...I received a call this morning from the military with a job offer. I applied for Armoured Soldier/Crewman and now it's become a reality. I'll be leaving on the 24th of Febuary en route to St.Jean, Quebec for my basic. I know a few people here are in the Canadian Armed Forces, and would like to hear some stories about CFLRS. All the stories I've heard so far have been pretty brutal. LOL

I had a good run as an Electrician, but the need to help others has reached it's peak. I've applied over and over again for a position with Toronto Fire and Toronto EMS with no luck ( not to mention wasting time in school for these fields ) and now it looks like my dreams are coming true.

I'll be part of the Royal Canadian Dragoons in Petawawa, Ont. when all is said and done. I can't wait to experience the pros and cons of this venture and the bonds with the people I will be working with. I'm very excited and have been preparing for this for quite some time, mentally and physically.

Take care people and thanks.

Darryl
Best of luck.

Your doing an honorable and worthy service to this country.

We all thank and salute you.
best of luck to you man.

good to hear your doing something that you would like to do in helping people..

Congrats Darrel, so are you keeping the Focus ?
meford4u,Feb 15 2007, 07:14 PM Wrote:Best of luck.

Your doing an honorable and worthy service to this country.

We all thank and salute you.
[right][snapback]227050[/snapback][/right]

x2 - and I hope you have the chance to drop in once in a while and let us know how you're doing.

And if you can't ... instead of saying goodbye, why don't we make it au revoir.

Cheers.
All the best my friend. Hoping you all the good fortune and wishes of a happy return. You have the backing of a nation and the love of a bunch of guys that drive Foci wishing you a good tour and a safe return.

Kevin
All the best and don't be a stranger if you can ;)

NefCanuck
Best of luck to ya.

Feel free to drop by and let us know how things are going for you.
In my 23rd yr man .......... When I joined (1984 :o ) basic trg was in Cornwallis NS - and believe me the times have changed :lol: The instructors were much more hard-core and demanding as compared to today !! All I can say is work hard and don't take it personally. They'll try to put you under a fair amount of stress and BS - just play the game and you'll be OK.

Petawawa is not the best place for a single guy but Ottawa is only a couple of hrs down the road. I'm with the Engineers, specifically Geomatics and mapping/terrain analysis. Good luck !!
Thanks you guys...and yes, the focus is coming with me. For the first four months she'll just be sitting, so I guess I'll have to pull the battery cables off.

They offered to store all my stuff for free, should I? Has anyone taken advantage of this?
You're brave, very brave. Given the way the world is "evolving" of late, I'm not sure I could do the same.

I've had first-hand recountings of basic at St Jean from friends... it's all about weeding out the weak-minded from the strong-willed. Be tough and you'll be fine.

Good luck man.
Best of luck, stay safe. :)