FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is It Just Me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it just me, or can anyone else see the northern lights tonight?? I SWEAR I'm not going crazy....
And you live where?
Get some shots of this and post'em up! Update your profile/location! :P
just south of london....and I couldn't get any pics, sorry....digi camera is being tempermantal...
PARKINGLOT,Feb 15 2007, 03:30 AM Wrote:just south of london....and I couldn't get any pics, sorry....digi camera is being tempermantal...
[right][snapback]226968[/snapback][/right]

Seeing Northern lights in London?? I'm in Ottawa, and we have to drive 2 hours into northern Quebec to get them.
I'm in North Bay and maybe TWICE last year we saw them.

I think I need some of what you're drinking :P
ZX5chica,Feb 15 2007, 08:09 AM Wrote:
PARKINGLOT,Feb 15 2007, 03:30 AM Wrote:just south of london....and I couldn't get any pics, sorry....digi camera is being tempermantal...
[right][snapback]226968[/snapback][/right]

Seeing Northern lights in London?? I'm in Ottawa, and we have to drive 2 hours into northern Quebec to get them.
[right][snapback]226973[/snapback][/right]
I've seen them as far south as St. Catharines.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 15 2007, 02:55 PM Wrote:I'm in North Bay and maybe TWICE last year we saw them.

I think I need some of what you're drinking :P
[right][snapback]227008[/snapback][/right]

I thought thunder bay and North Bay are relatively similar lattitudes... definitely see them a lot up there.

One time driving to tbay, I looked at the window and commented to my co-pilot, "wow.. talk about reflections off the clouds".. because you could only see a few small bands of stars and mostly (about 90%) a wafting grey-green glow like the moon reflecting on/thru clouds..

only it turned out to be the northern lights.. HOLY COW.. I've never seen the whole sky lit like that... usually it's just a few bands of shifting colour...
I remeber in Brampton like 10 - 15 years ago it was not uncommon to see it in the north east end of town, but I know for sure I have not seen it since then.
They are, but our light pollution here is RIDICULOUS.

That and where we live in town requires at least a drive to the edge of the city to see them. Maybe tonight will work.
I live in Aurora, I see them all the time. Especially when we had the HUGE blackout.
Never seen them in Ontario.