FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Raleigh, Nc To Go Led..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Raleigh is looking to switch over to entirely LED lighting...

makes a pretty big diff in parking garages/street lighting...

before..
[Image: 3882_parkingdeckbefore.jpg]

after..
[Image: 3883_parkingdeckafter.jpg]
thats a huge dif

one of the new parking garages that i drive by when im in detroit, must have these lights, cause it lights up the sky
well most parking garages use Metal halide or high pressure sodium for lights.

Metal Halide looks very white just like HID's
High pressure Sodium looks very bright yellow/amber.

there is also the old low pressure sodium, in the top picture in the parking light. these are very expensive and not very good light output.

[Image: SO%20SPD's.jpg]

I have never heard of the LED lighting for parking garages, but i'm sure it will be a huge savings over any of these other lights. Being too new might have its bugs, but i'm sure they will be resolved.
and you won't have to replace bulbs!
mo_focus,Feb 14 2007, 06:37 PM Wrote:well most parking garages use Metal halide or high pressure sodium for lights.

Metal Halide looks very white just like HID's
High pressure Sodium looks very bright yellow/amber.[right][snapback]226930[/snapback][/right]
HPS lighting has the advantage of reliability in harsh outdoor environments and has a high lumens to watts ratio. While the light is indeed yellowish, in some appllications that is preferable to the bright white/blue that MH or Mercury Vapour lighting gives off. In some applications the glare can be distracting.

LED lighting I'm sure will be the norm after the price comes down even more.

Perdonally I'd like an end to flourescent lighting; if half the public knew the biohazard they are, there'd be protests.
OAC_Sparky,Feb 15 2007, 12:00 AM Wrote:right]
HPS lighting has the advantage of reliability in harsh outdoor environments and has a high lumens to watts ratio. While the light is indeed yellowish, in some appllications that is preferable to the bright white/blue that MH or Mercury Vapour lighting gives off. In some applications the glare can be distracting.

LED lighting I'm sure will be the norm after the price comes down even more.

Perdonally I'd like an end to flourescent lighting; if half the public knew the biohazard they are, there'd be protests.
[right][snapback]226933[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

As an FM we usually get HPS in parking lots facing residential areas. Lot of ppl do complain about bright white lights. But the yellow light is ok with them.
OAC_Sparky,Feb 14 2007, 07:00 PM Wrote:Perdonally I'd like an end to flourescent lighting; if half the public knew the biohazard they are, there'd be protests.
[right][snapback]226933[/snapback][/right]

A-men, in fact I had to give our buildings super a head shake through the property manager about this very thing. The dim bulb (pardon the pun) put dead flourescent lightbulbs in the recycling bins <_<

I had the management yank them out of there and offered to take them to hazardous materials drop off myself (I usually go once a year with a colection of dead batteries & the like)

NefCanuck
If you guys want a demo of what LED lighting looks like go down to Sherway Gardens and check it out it's bloody impressive how bright it can get in the middle of night.

Laterz :)
^^ That's good to know. Next time we're down, I will.

I want that s*** for my house.