FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Head Lamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SOOOO I have some condensation in my driver side head lamp and I would like to take it apart clean and re-seal it. I have read about procedures on taking apart a head lamp but my question is has anybody here done just that? What kind of problems did you encounter? Was easy/hard? Any advice would be great!
If they are stock headlights and you have warranty left, you can get them replaced. That happened to both of my stock headlights and I just ended up getting brand new units..
guilty,Feb 10 2007, 04:22 PM Wrote:If they are stock headlights and you have warranty left, you can get them replaced.  That happened to both of my stock headlights and I just ended up getting brand new units..
[right][snapback]226393[/snapback][/right]

Well the factory warranty is up I did get an extended warranty that does cover head lamps but i gotta pay a $50 dollar deductible. I was just seeing if I could just do it myself but I guess I would have to but sealant and whatever else.
It'd be cheaper to just pay the deductible... and easier, too. :)
I have done that and its a pain in the ass. When you do reseal it, make sure you get the sealer aound the light really good or it will get water in it causing you to have to do it again. I had to do it twice because I didnt get the sealer in there good enough
ca_focus,Feb 11 2007, 05:27 AM Wrote:I have done that and its a pain in the ass. When you do reseal it, make sure you get the sealer aound the light really good or it will get water in it causing you to have to do it again. I had to do it twice because I didnt get the sealer in there good enough
[right][snapback]226459[/snapback][/right]

Did you paint yours and do u have the same style of head lamp as I do?
[Image: th_focus.jpg]
You could go on any of the bigger Focus boards (focaljet, focusfanatics, etc) and do a search for "SVT headlight mod" or something like that. There have been a lot of people who opened their stock headlights up to paint the chrome trim black like on the SVTs, there should be a how-to for getting them apart and back together.