FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Saturn Astra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well its here and its looks exactly the same (big smile) as its European brother. The only downside I see is the 200hp turbo isn't available, but the way GMs going these days I wouldn't be surprised if it was offered later on in the year.

[Image: 013020071727159547.jpg]
Saturn Astra

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I might just be buying a Saturn in the near future.
the only car i've been considering is the Saturn Sky for my next car, they are definatly going in a good direction with the Astra.
I've heard there will be a redline version soon.
I saw an Ion2 at my work the other day. In big writing across the back window he had.
"Want a problem... Buy a saturn"
ow man did I laugh
:P
That's a pretty decent looking car, glad to see we're getting European designs over here, not just the same bland Cavalier/Cobalt re-skin with a Saturn badge.

It's kind of a shame since the Saturn dealership here like to jerk people around so I wouldn't buy from them.
Thats another nice offering from GM. Too bad ford doesn't have the same common sense to bring over their appealing cars.
Actually there are 5 differences from the European Astra vrs the American Astra on just looks alone

1. Bumpers are streched out a little
2. Orange reflective lights on the front bumper
3. Red reflective lights on the rear bumper
4. Rear fog lights are deleted
5. Rear plate area is reshaped for american sized plates.
Opel opel opel opel.

Perhaps they should just change the NA brand Saturn to Opel. Newcomers get a Euro-familiar brand and the Saturn owners wouldn't feel alienated anymore. :lol:

Quote:1. Bumpers are streched out a little

Funny, that sounds like the look of the Mark 1.5 Focus vs. the Euro Mk.2 Focus.

What does the 2008 look like again? Oh yeah, a pruned-up Fusion or just plain dogs***.

For reference:

2007 Focus (NA):

[Image: th_DSC_0108.jpg]

2007 Focus (UK):

[Image: th_Focus.jpg]

2008 Focus (dogs***):

[Image: th_08focus_05.jpg]
Frost__2001,Feb 10 2007, 01:13 PM Wrote:Actually there are 5 differences from the European Astra vrs the American Astra on just looks alone

1. Bumpers are streched out a little
2. Orange reflective lights on the front bumper
3. Red reflective lights on the rear bumper
4. Rear fog lights are deleted
5. Rear plate area is reshaped for american sized plates.
[right][snapback]226400[/snapback][/right]

Minor changes that really don't effect the car and aren't noticeable.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 10 2007, 04:32 PM Wrote:What does the 2008 look like again? Oh yeah, a pruned-up Fusion or just plain dogs***.
Do a search and you'll see many felt the same towards your Focus when that style came out. Funny how some things just grow on ya :)
Mason,Feb 10 2007, 11:56 AM Wrote:I saw an Ion2 at my work the other day. In big writing across the back window he had.
"Want a problem... Buy a saturn"
ow man did I laugh
:P
[right][snapback]226391[/snapback][/right]

You should have the same sticker on your car :rolleyes:
Another nice quality addition to the Saturn line up.....scary, they might actually have a great line soon.
CanadaSVT,Feb 12 2007, 08:15 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 10 2007, 04:32 PM Wrote:What does the 2008 look like again? Oh yeah, a pruned-up Fusion or just plain dogs***.
Do a search and you'll see many felt the same towards your Focus when that style came out. Funny how some things just grow on ya :)
[right][snapback]226526[/snapback][/right]

Amen, I heard some cracks about my '05 when I bought it. I think the funniest was "They turned it into an old man's car" :lol: An old man's car that can drive with the best of 'em ;)

NefCanuck
Just an update on this vehicle. Ford had better do something quick, as I think GM is going to sell a few of these.

Road & Track data panel

Article with slideshow
Definetly looks nice, i'll reserve my final judgement for when I see them in person.
Still, it's a GM product, crap
wow, that looks like the Malibu
nice! when the turbo motor and 6spd hit the US market i'm definitely going to visit a Saturn dealer to check it out

i still think 140hp is going to be an issue. at least here in the US you can get a WRX 5dr 'wagon' for $15k easily (some of em already have high quality bolt ons and a good tune too)

would you rather get a brand new 140hp Saturn hatch or a 227+hp WRX hatch? its obvious which one i picked, and i bet a lot of potential astra hatch owners will vote with their $$ in the same way.....
redZX3,Jan 30 2008, 01:35 PM Wrote:wow, that looks like the Malibu
[right][snapback]257112[/snapback][/right]

I never saw it till you said that! Malibu Maxx!

But I have seen one in person, sort of... I was driving by one that was parked and it looked pretty cool!
It's kinda funny how Ford abandoned the Euro inspiration of the 1st gen. focus, while GM decided to re-dscover it w/ products like the Sky, Astra etc. maybe if the Astra takes off, Ford will reconsider the Euro MKII for North America. By then it'll probably be the MKIII.

Ford, if your listening, I don't wanna a Saturn, so don't make me have to buy one G-DAMN IT!!!
Pages: 1 2