FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wait....is That A Pontiac?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this is the Grand Prix replacement and it has ALOT of nice things about it...............yes it comes in manual too with IRS!!!!!!
[Image: 020620071441382678.jpg]
G8
Yeah, they brought this car from Australia...it's been reskinned and rebadged as a Pontiac, and it will be a car to be taken seriously.
nice
i really like it....that 400hp sounds pretty good as well
Make it a two door and I might just buy it.

For some reason, it kinda looks like a BMW from this angle.
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 10 2007, 03:50 AM Wrote:Make it a two door and I might just buy it.

For some reason, it kinda looks like a BMW from this angle.
[right][snapback]226366[/snapback][/right]

I agree. It amy be the angle that makes it look BMWish.

Look how forward the front wheels are! :o
Nicest looking GM i've ever seen! Damn...
So if GM is following this trend of bringing their desirable cars from overseas to North America to replace the bland and boring rental-car level products they're selling here, does that mean Ford is going to do their usual "wait a few years and see if it works out" before they jump on and do the same?
Thats HOT!

Prolly not gonna be in my price range but if it was i'd definately look into one.
yeah but you forgot to mention that's the G8 GT & it's rear wheel drive D-Dub.
Damn that looks sexy, I wonder what the price tag will say.......
Well it will be built in Australia, and shipped here, for those that don't know it's the Holden VE Commodore SS. I have heard that it will start in the mid $20 and go up to the mid $40's
From a previous grand prix driver i must say DAMN finally a rwd vehicle.

not a gm fan but definetly impressed!

1 point for gm
All good GMs from this point on (aside from the Camaro and Corvette) will be either Aussie fare or Euro stuff.

At least we know where the good designers relocated to! :lol:

I think it would be worth a rental :)
Definately a new style guarenteed to sell , ford will have to react to all these new vehicles with some of there ausi styles or they will not sell vehicles.
Have fun trying to get one here in Canada.... 40,000 slated per year for the next 2-3 years then production moves to oshawa. They will come in limited quantaties and high markups...

I dunno, looks nice but the last Aussie car that GM imported (The US only GTO) was rife with quality issues and parts were on backorder forver.

If GM gets those issues straightened away, it's certainly a striking looking car.

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Feb 10 2007, 01:16 PM Wrote:yeah but you forgot to mention that's the G8 GT & it's rear wheel drive D-Dub.
[right][snapback]226401[/snapback][/right]

Yes I know its a G8 thats why I put it under the picture and yes I know its RWD. The GT and non GT come in RWD. B)
D-Dub,Feb 11 2007, 08: Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 10 2007, 01:16 PM Wrote:yeah but you forgot to mention that's the G8 GT & it's rear wheel drive D-Dub.
[right][snapback]226401[/snapback][/right]

Yes I know its a G8 thats why I put it under the picture and yes I know its RWD. The GT and non GT come in RWD. B)
[right][snapback]226505[/snapback][/right]

I was talking about the photo itself, the G8 in that pic is the GT, the regular G8 will have red tail lights like the Mitsubishi Lancers GS & ES, and Clear lights like on the OZ edition Lancers.
Who the f*** cares the body style is the same and the name is the same.