FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Wash Wax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
title says it all...how to I get the s*** off the windshield. Ran car thru BASE wash last night, and of course it's recycled water, so got wax residue on W/S.

Any ideas?

S.
Scorpion,Feb 8 2007, 11:30 AM Wrote:title says it all...how to I get the s*** off the windshield. Ran car thru BASE wash last night, and of course it's recycled water, so got wax residue on W/S.

Any ideas?

S.
[right][snapback]226207[/snapback][/right]

I wax my windows all the time....cant you just wipe it off?
A good ammonia based window cleaner ?? Even some white vinegar should work.
dlb,Feb 8 2007, 12:13 PM Wrote:A good ammonia based window cleaner ??  Even some white vinegar should work.
[right][snapback]226209[/snapback][/right]

Dont use car wash wax lol
If you want remove it, dish soap, one of the best wax and grease remover for light duty messes. Or you could go to crappy tire or whatever and get a bottle of wax and grease remover or wax and silicone remover. Personally, I wax my windshield about 4 times a year with a hard or paste wax and if I ever do bring her through the coin toss wash bay I always spray a layer of the wax on the windshield and let it dry as I drive away. Water just beads off, not to mention a nice layer between your windshield and ice and snow.
Thx for the replies ppl. Yup, dish soap did a good enough job with warm water.

Pity the car looks like scrap again so soon...lol
dlb,Feb 8 2007, 11:13 AM Wrote:A good ammonia based window cleaner ??  Even some white vinegar should work.
[right][snapback]226209[/snapback][/right]

Both methods work the best imo. But after you do get that residue off, coat the window with RainX, that should stop other contaminants from coating the window again. I use RainX at least four times a year (every oil change) and it works wonders at beading water and keeping the window reasonably clean all year round.