FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Tires, 2 Or 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious what you're running as far as winter tires? Just on the front or Front & rear.
I bring this up because the last couple of times I've tried to buy winter tires, the tire stores would only sell me 4. Stating transport Canada "recommends" 4 tires with the same tread for equal handling front and back. All my previous front wheel drive cars have only had winter tires on the front and I've survived this long. What do guys/gals think?
4. Period. NO Compromise.
i run all 4....safer that way...i remember my dad used to put only 2 on fronts and still mannaged to fish tail with fwd
Would you put a condom on only the front half of your tallywhacker?
OAC_Sparky,Feb 7 2007, 05:15 PM Wrote:Would you put a condom on only the front half of your tallywhacker?
[right][snapback]226125[/snapback][/right]

they are always too short for me ;) :lol:
NikiterZTS,Feb 7 2007, 06:15 PM Wrote:i run all 4....safer that way...i remember my dad used to put only 2 on fronts and still mannaged to fish tail with fwd
[right][snapback]226124[/snapback][/right]

He should of put them on the rear anyways.

4 winter tires is always the safest/best route. May as well buy 4 now, Cost ya less in the long run. ;)
OAC_Sparky,Feb 7 2007, 06:15 PM Wrote:Would you put a condom on only the front half of your tallywhacker?

Lmao :lol:
If your going to bother buying 2 winter tired dont be cheap. Get 4.
NikiterZTS,Feb 7 2007, 05:20 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Feb 7 2007, 05:15 PM Wrote:Would you put a condom on only the front half of your tallywhacker?

[right][snapback]226127[/snapback][/right]
They are not made for your toes. :lol:

And with the winters we have in Southern Ontario, who needs winter tires? I don't even have them on the truck.
meford4u,Feb 7 2007, 08:35 PM Wrote:

And with the winters we have in Southern Ontario, who needs winter tires? I don't even have them on the truck.
[right][snapback]226140[/snapback][/right]

You never know what kinda kinky s*** nikiter is in to :ph34r:
meford4u,Feb 7 2007, 07:35 PM Wrote:

4 winter tires, no question.

meford, if you do any traveling outside the GTA at all winter tires can save your ass from much pain. If I was still on the P6's in Wiarton, I never would have made it home. I would have ended up in a ditch b/c of all the snow up there :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 7 2007, 07:55 PM Wrote:

meford, if you do any traveling outside the GTA at all winter tires can save your ass from much pain. If I was still on the P6's in Wiarton, I never would have made it home. I would have ended up in a ditch b/c of all the snow up there :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]226143[/snapback][/right]

Outside the GTA? I travel all over the place in my truck. Every year up to Huntsville in typically 4' of snow without issue.
I just got back 2 weeks ago from driving thru the Pocono's and that was the worst storm i have travelled thru in years. They were gettting 3" of snow an hour.
I believe the P6 tire may be s***e in snow, but there are lots of alternative tires that are excellent all season tires.

Four.
Mason,Feb 7 2007, 07:48 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 7 2007, 08:35 PM Wrote:

You never know what kinda kinky s*** nikiter is in to :ph34r:
[right][snapback]226142[/snapback][/right]

very very kinky s***
meford4u,Feb 7 2007, 08:03 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Outside the GTA? I travel all over the place in my truck. Every year up to Huntsville in typically 4' of snow without issue.
I just got back 2 weeks ago from driving thru the Pocono's and that was the worst storm i have travelled thru in years. They were gettting 3" of snow an hour.
I believe the P6 tire may be s***e in snow, but there are lots of alternative tires that are excellent all season tires.
[right][snapback]226146[/snapback][/right]

do you put it in "4 high"? aka 4x4 when you drive on s***ty snow roads?
NikiterZTS,Feb 7 2007, 08:45 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 7 2007, 08:03 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]226146[/snapback][/right]

do you put it in "4 high"? aka 4x4 when you drive on s***ty snow roads?
[right][snapback]226150[/snapback][/right]

If I were stuck in the snow, of course I would use it. But I don't drive with it.
does it actually f*** up the tranny that way? or people don't use it as much cuz its gas consumming?
but ur prob fish tail alot eh
I'm going against the status quoe here and saying this:

If you can only afford 2 then put them on the back of the car as it will keep it planted better in the snow, this is the recommendation from 2 tire companys that did studies on this and it was air on motoring2007.
NikiterZTS,Feb 7 2007, 08:57 PM Wrote:does it actually f*** up the tranny that way? or people don't use it as much cuz its gas consumming?
but ur prob fish tail alot eh
[right][snapback]226155[/snapback][/right]
Not just to harp on Nic, but do you people not know how to drive?
There is no need for winter tires in our climate. A good all season, yes.
Winter tires? Cmon. I drove a 1990 Thunderbird SC with no weight in the back end of a rear wheel drive car and a terrible all season tire Goodyear Gatorbacks and managed to never get stuck. Or in a accident.
I can't believe that many of you actually believe you need winter tires on a FWD car for the amount of snow you have to drive thru on a paved road.
Pages: 1 2