FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stock Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all when replacing the flex pipe for the Zetec is anything required except an unbolt and swap or is welding needed?

Second does any one have any stock exhaust parts sitting around
Basicly the pipe is going to need to be done after the winter and I just want to know what is gonna be needed and what I can get for a good price.
Why not just replace the factory exhaust with an MBRP in the spring. For the price and the improvements you can't go wrong.
habmann,Feb 6 2007, 10:00 PM Wrote:Why not just replace the factory exhaust with an MBRP in the spring. For the price and the improvements you can't go wrong.
[right][snapback]225999[/snapback][/right]

Well Im not totally interested in redoing much on this car.
Odds are ill be buying a new car in a year or 2 and will be using this as my winter car.

Ill be buying a newer focus or coarce so I really just want this to be fixed for as cheap as possible. This car has already cost me to much lol.

Though im still 1000$ up on what they gave me for the write off

So am I to assume no one has there old original pipe I can pick up for some bux or somthing.

I can get the pipe on Ebay for 60 and Id be happy to pick one up off some one for 25$ or somthing
I will be doing my exhaust soon so when I get that done I can send my stock flex your way.
Sick.
when do you figure your doin it. I mean this isnt somthing that needs to be fixed tomarrow as the actual flex pipe has managed to mount and stick itself into the other end where it snapped lol.

I thought it was a loose heat shield but I was wrong.
Noticed it when I had ford clean my IAC motor/sensor this morning ( free of charge lol ) it seems to have cleaned up that start problem I was having. It aparently controlls a valve that was sticking due to the fact that it was filthy and cold.

Where do you live. I might just be able to pick it up.
Well I live in BC but I am just waiting for my MBRP cat back I am hoping it will be here in the next week or so. The stock pipe is yours so just pay for shipping.
Install is easy, just unbolt and remove the old part. Make sure you go new gaskets handy. It's too bad because I did my exhaust last summer and trashed the old parts, I would have give you the part for only shipping cost.
What new car are you going to buy? I'm thinking of buying a new car my self but not a focus (2008 looks terrible!).
Well if wont be for a few years yet. Ill have to see what the focus looks like by then.

And yet I agree. I dont like the 08s...... If it makes a diff I hate the MK2 modles in general.
Im a first gen man :)
Ok got the pipe for 40bux and installed it already. :) thanks for the help SmokeBCBuDZ
Mason,Feb 7 2007, 11:32 PM Wrote:Ok got the pipe for 40bux and installed it already. :) thanks for the help SmokeBCBuDZ
[right][snapback]226137[/snapback][/right]

no problem man