FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Strange And Somewhat Interesting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford's Dealer News Bulletin ( Wrote:FOCUS 2007 *** NEW ITEM ***
Ambient Interior Lighting (61A): New for 2007MY is ambient interior lighting. This feature will illuminate the front and rear footwells and cup holders with the ability to scroll through 7 different colors (red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, blue, violet). Availability – SE, SES (only available on SE Series in Canada) and is not compatible with Traction Control. Production begins Monday, February 5, 2007 and orders may be submitted immediately.

Screaming Yellow Paint (D6): Screaming yellow paint will be balancing out early for 2007MY. Last day to submit orders for this paint color will be March 8, 2007.

Tire Change: Effective March 5, 2007, all vehicles with 15" wheels and tires will be built with Hankook tires, in lieu of Goodyear tires.
Better late than never on the footwell lights, I guess ... but why they aren't compatible with traction control is kinda strange ... maybe the switch is in the same location??
This is kinda stupid actually.....
LOL, one of the only things I liked about the 2008 Focus... and it's not compatible with TCS. How lame. I guess TCS is going away for 2008 too?

Dumbasses.
I bet its just the switch im gonna find out at my dealer if its just the switch hole then get it hooked up directly lol.
Actually I would kill for some better interior lighting in my Focus....3 crappy little lights above the rear view mirror doesn't cut for me. I thought this was the new feature for the 2008 Focus...I guess Ford is rolling it out early as its still basically the same car underneath the skin.
Well, hopefully when they slide into a ditch or torque-steer into a snowbank at speed they'll be able to find their cellphones easier - they're going to need it!

I've never enjoyed a single piece of technology so much in a car before.

Oh wait, yes I have.... heated seats! :lol:

I wonder if they'll nerf those, too. <_<
Ford's Dealer News Bulletin ( Wrote:Availability – SE, SES (only available on SE Series in Canada) and is not compatible with Traction Control. [right][snapback]225943[/snapback][/right]
I took this to mean that Traction Control will remain an option on SE and standard on SES.
Mason,Feb 6 2007, 06:01 PM Wrote:This is kinda stupid actually.....
[right][snapback]225946[/snapback][/right]

Another fine post :rolleyes:
ZTWsquared,Feb 7 2007, 11:36 AM Wrote:
Ford's Dealer News Bulletin ( Wrote:Availability – SE, SES (only available on SE Series in Canada) and is not compatible with Traction Control. [right][snapback]225943[/snapback][/right]
I took this to mean that Traction Control will remain an option on SE and standard on SES.
[right][snapback]226066[/snapback][/right]

Ahh, so only the top-of-line Foci are ignored for the cool idea. Great job, FoC. Lesser Foci get neat lighting. Top-end Foci get TCS and standard lighting.
Personally I think I'd rather have cool lighting than traction control. Not that I'm saying the following about anyone on this forum but in general, traction control gives a false sense of control to people who are, a. unable to drive at a decent level or b. overdriving their vehicle and or themselves for the conditions. I've driven multiple vehicles with traction control and abs and I am ecstatically happy that my 01 did not have either option on it when I bought it. I've known people who've crashed in inclimate weather because of the tc system on their cars, my sister being one of them, she also has abs and tailgates, I told her once that she should back off a little, her response, "Oh I have ABS, I don't need as much room to stop." as she stood both feet on the brakes so as not to hit the car in front of us.

TC and ABS have their place but not for me thanks, people need to relearn how to control their vehicles without the aid of computer systems to control the vehicle for them.

Just my $0.02

Yeah I agree I have it on my ses and I hate them , the traction control dies it out when you need power quick and the abs just dont work i nthe winter when you try stop theres NO brakes.
^^ Do you even know why it's there?

The power doesn't die out "when you need it", it potentially keeps you from entering a spin at speed on the highway as torque is reduced to either or both of the drive wheels.

Traction is preserved and it makes it easier to get away from an icy standstill as well. I've noticed this several times.

As far as ABS goes, again, it's having the proper mindset. It's for controlling your vehicle as opposed to becoming a sliding blunt object of destruction.

I personally like it for what it's meant to do, not for what stupid people want it to do. I'm not calling ZX5power stupid, but you have to use it in the context it's meant to be used. When both features are used / appreciated in the sense they were meant to be used in... they're gold.
never was a big fan of them myself , it does help on the highway in rain or snow
TCS kicks azz in a Mustang GT. That car is so easy to spin the tires with it off, it's not even funny. With ABS and TCS, I was able to safely navigate mine through the white stuff up until this past wkd, when I brought my truck up here (which is turning into a nightmare fast)...

The interior lighting thingy likely won't last because it failed to sell in the Mustang already, and it probably will again in the Foci.
who cares!, the car looks like s*** anyways.............
^^ I take it you're referring to the 2008?
Hi,

Not that anyone much cares, but here is my $0.02. My wife and I both have 05 Foci. Her's a ZX5 SES, mine a ZX3 SE. So she has the winter package, TC and ABS. Oh and her's is automatic. My 5 Spd ZX3 has none of the "extras". i much prefer driving mine to her's. The TC is a pain, if you gear it down at an icy intersection when you go to take off, no spinning of tires, so no need for TC. I find the ABS at icy intersections is a bit of a pain, so I just pop the car into neutral. The only thing on her car I wish I had was the heated seats, cause here in Winnipeg they are gold! So for me the extra lighting would be great..I agree the current lighting is sub-standard. One of my upgrades will be to put LED lighting anywhere I can to improve lighting, especially in the rear.
Welcome Blackheart4355. Wow another person from Winnpeg. Now there's 2!
Blackheart4355,Feb 11 2007, 11:57 AM Wrote:Hi,
The TC is a pain, if you gear it down at an icy intersection when you go to take off, no spinning of tires, so no need for TC.  I find the ABS at icy intersections is a bit of a pain, so I just pop the car into neutral.  [right][snapback]226474[/snapback][/right]

So throttle modulation is lost on folks now?

And I fail to see how braking and retaining steering control is "a pain". I'm from the old school of "threshold, pump, steer, pump" but I've found ABS to be quite the benefit.

If you're accelerating that hard off the line in winter or you need to slam on your brakes that much coming to a stop, it might be an idea to re-evaluate your driving style. ;)
I don't have either... I'd like to see stability control with abs... now that's sweet as far as TC goes,, I follow the skid and just gradually aply throttle to keeep things neat... it is a learned responce and I'm sure if I had TC I wouldn't have learned it but I also wouldn't have needed to? ABS I dunno... I can modulate brake presure but it's definatly nice on heavyer vehicals like SUVS and Crownvics... I have an F350 super duty the day I lock the tires up on that thing sombody's gonna get a hurt real bad!