FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Guy Gets Busted Crossing The Niagara River..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow did this make me chuckle. I think he has a few bigger problems to contend with now.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/oddities...e9b9f81&k=40052

Quote:Ontario man rescued trying to raft across Niagara River to U.S.; faces charges

Canadian Press
Published: Tuesday, February 06, 2007

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A Canadian man was rescued from the Niagara River after trying to cross into the United States in the middle of the night in a rubber raft, telling U.S. authorities it was all so he could pay a credit card bill in person.

Wayne Kingwell, 40, of Fort Erie, Ont., was pulled to safety by state police and firefighters Monday on the U.S. side of the river near Grand Island.

Kingwell told authorities he set out in his raft around 2 a.m. with the intention of paying off a credit card bill in Buffalo. He said he was looking at an $85 fee if he mailed the payment from Canada.

Officials say Kingwell also told them he can't drive across the nearby Peace Bridge connecting Ontario and New York because of a past legal dispute with the Canadian government.

Kingwell was taken to a local hospital to be treated for hypothermia. Later, he was taken into custody by the U.S. Border Patrol and now faces a charge of illegally trying to enter the United States.
© The Canadian Press 2007
what an idiot.
Now if someone told you to try to cross the river in a rubber raft in the middle of the night for $85, would you do it? That's a pretty stupid reason to try and do a pretty stupid thing. I guess in his plan he would have gotten to the other side, paid his bill during the day, then try and raft back across? That's a terrible plan.
With this crazy weather... it HAD to have been at least 0F, and at least -20F with the windchill.

They should have let him turn into a popsicle, let him bob his way down the river, and over the falls.

Problem solved, and not have to put the fire & police departments at risk pulling the asshat out of the river.

They have better things to do, like put out fires in Tonawanda.
To pay a cc?

I'd understand if his stash was low....

:lol:
Frost__2001,Feb 6 2007, 04:32 PM Wrote:what an idiot.
[right][snapback]225936[/snapback][/right]
Notice it's an "idiot" and not "Canadian idiot".

Were this an American it would have been "American idiot". Remember this. ;)
OAC_Sparky,Feb 6 2007, 06:05 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]225949[/snapback][/right]

no, it would have tard if he was american
OAC_Sparky,Feb 6 2007, 05:05 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]225949[/snapback][/right]

99.5% of us here are Canadian. We can talk about our people without stating the obvious. When talking about our neighbours we have to be a little more specific. :lol:
how the heck would you raft across that? the current is like 30 miles an hour lol
He must be from southern Ontario. In Northern Ontario we freeze the river first and then snowmobile across it. Catch that, border patrol! :lol:

Seriously, he's a moron and a great candidate to be a citizen in Texas. They can keep him.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 6 2007, 05:50 PM Wrote:We can talk about our people without stating the obvious.  [right][snapback]225965[/snapback][/right]
I've got dual citizenship. Spent 3 years in the Canadian Armed Forces. I'm not picking Americans over Canadians.

I just refer to people as idiots (or not), as in my life I've found that idiocy transcends borders, race, gender, etc.

It stands to reason, seeing that the US has 10x the population that American idiots outnumber Canadian idiots 10 to one....;)
I would of rather done it in a barrel :lol: