FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Sucks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, that LOVELY "Snow Squall" (Try blizzard assholes!) made my commute from Brantford to Petawawa last night take 8 hours.

From Barrie to Orillia, 40km's/hr with the hazzard lights on. Stop in Orillia to get gas, and end up sliding into a tubular type fence and lightpole at the end of the driveway of the gas station, and ruin the original bumper on my 30 year old truck, as well as part of the lower left fender, and the turn signals.

After being pulled out by a newschool 4x4 Seirra, I continued on my way...all of 60km's/hr from Orillia to Whitney (east end of Algonquin park), where I could finally start to go quicker. I left around 2, didn't get here until almost 9:30 last night.

On top of that, I think I have the flu, I spent money I didn't have to put a stereo in the truck a day before, and today it wouldn't start (frozen battery and fuel...-46C with the windchill here today boys and girls).

Now, I'm doing what I can to keep warmer, and I have to bum rides until it goes above -20 so the damned truck will start.

As the topic sez, winter sucks!
lol...sounds like my saturday night. I took me 3 hours to get to detroit...yeesh...I shouldn't have gone to work...
I feel your pain about the cold.... -39 here in Ottawa with the windchill

Makes staying home in bed that much more attractive :)
-29 with the Windchill here in Windsor lol. Thats freakin cold.
I feel you're pain. Spent yesterday morning working outside in Whitby. Was not cool and to think i volunteered to work that shift.
I hear ya. Drove back from Wiarton yesterday, left around noon from Sauble Bay near Wiarton after deciding to take my chances on the drive home. From SAuble Bay to Wiarton I swear I was driving by sheer dumb luck and Wiarton until leaving Hepworth was a game of "turn around, forge ahead"

Then on Highway #10 I hit Ferndale and find that they've closed the road due to the conditions. I go to the local cop shop, looking for alternate directions and the cop basically goes "can't help you, get lost"

So I said "Screw That" and drove straight on through, blowing through road closeure signs until I hit somewhere near the highway 6 & 10 merge point.

After that it was just taking it easy and letting the morons behind stew or pass me as I went my speed...

NefCanuck
-49C in Thunder Bay with windchill.

and my mom delivers papers there. that HAS to SUCK!
I like the cold, it keeps the bums off the streets.......

-47C with the windchill last night in North Bay, almost as bad tonight. Then again, this is only the second night all winter I've used the block heater.

Sorry to hear about your accident dude :(

At least it wasn't the Stang.
It sucks getting out of the car to walk to the gate at work, after walking to my warm garage from the house, get into my warm car, have a nice warm drive to work.

I need valet parking. ;)

OAC_Sparky,Feb 5 2007, 11:36 PM Wrote:It sucks getting out of the car to walk to the gate at work, after walking to my warm garage from the house, get into my warm car, have a nice warm drive to work.
[right][snapback]225856[/snapback][/right]

Try walking outside to get the newspaper this morning at IIRC -25C incl. windchill and you're using a cane... Chinese water torture :(

But at least the Focus doesn't do what the Olds I had did going from cold to damn cold and nearly gag itself on the cold air outside :P

NefCanuck
2 Days later, I get the truck to start finally (tonight). The blower for the HVAC system sounded like it was going to jettision all over the inside of the cab, and the engine just chugged like crazy (though I'm sure it looked and sounded like a have a retardedly agressive cam in it...lol). I think I need a new battery, an alternator belt, and load test the alternator. As long as I keep putting a full bottle of fuel anti-freeze into the thing everytime I put fuel in it, the carb won't freeze anymore WHILE it's running...lol

Like I said, winter still sux...