FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Who Has Their Dash "glassed"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just curious guys..who has their dash fibreglassed, or who has been in a car with it done? I'm wondering simply because my buddy is gonna be doing his for his truck really soon, and has been bugging me 2 get mine done at the same time..Now i'm just curious, how bad is it for glare? And is it worth it?
smith21,Feb 4 2007, 11:30 PM Wrote:just curious guys..who has their dash fibreglassed, or who has been in a car with it done? I'm wondering simply because my buddy is gonna be doing his for his truck really soon, and has been bugging me 2 get mine done at the same time..Now i'm just curious, how bad is it for glare? And is it worth it?
[right][snapback]225742[/snapback][/right]

Looks cheap and gay. And yes I've been in them ( and made them) , try any ricer car at an import show. They all look like garbage.

Sorry if I offended anybody here.
I agree. If your car is a show car, and your fiberglassing in several LCDs, Speakers, Gauges, Etc. then perhaps its worth it. If your just going to glass it and make it shiny and smooth, theres no point. If your car is a daily driver it WILL chip, and will look like ASS unless your real anal and particular about it.

not to mention having the sunlight reflect off it is a real b*tch.. dashes should be flat and not shiny.
Instead of fibreglass, you could also look at dash inserts as an option.

I've done mine with aluminum-look inserts as seen in this pic:

[Image: NewCentreConsole.jpg]

The set of inserts also included the vents and the console surrounding the transmission. Excellent fit & finish too.

NefCanuck
^^ Now that's nice and bright, but probably less "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM" than he's looking for. :lol:

Nice look Daniel, I can't remember ever seeing that before (in your car).
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:^^ Now that's nice and bright, but probably less "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM" than he's looking for. :lol:

Nice look Daniel, I can't remember ever seeing that before (in your car).
[right][snapback]226334[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, got it installed at last years BBQ...

There is a brighter option (In fact, I still have some of the chrome inserts that came with the kit if anyone wants to bling up their +05 6CD stock deck and a few other bits too)''

NefCanuck
where you het the kit ?
zx5power,Feb 12 2007, 02:06 PM Wrote:where you het the kit ?
[right][snapback]226577[/snapback][/right]

PM me and I'll get you a link to the Canadian distributor of these kits.

NefCanuck